The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Study abroad University of Surrey

I applied for University of Surrey and I was wondering if they offer a student exchange or semester studying abroad for psychology students as I'm less interested in doing a placement year
Reply 1
Yes they should be doing a study abroad scheme for all second years.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
okay thanks, BTW are you a student there? whats the study abroad experience like

Original post by varsh.17
Yes they should be doing a study abroad scheme for all second years.
Hello,

It's great to hear you've applied for the University of Surrey! We do offer exchange programmes, but they tend to be primarily focused on lab placements at partner institutions.

If you type BSc Psychology into this website https://surrey.moveon4.com/publisher/1/eng# you can see the full list of partner institutions. Currently, there are options in Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Germany, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, NZ, Singapore and the USA.

I've met students on placement from our partner universities before and they tend to take on a research assistant role 😊 This is great for hands-on experience and making connections with researchers (whilst still being able to enjoy university life).

If you have specific questions or need further information about these opportunities, I recommend reaching out to the International Engagement Office at the University of Surrey. You can contact them at [email protected] for exchange-related queries and for more detailed information about the psychology-specific options available to you.

I hope this helps clarify the available opportunities for psychology students at the University of Surrey. If you have any more questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology
Reply 4
This was really helpful thank you :smile: I have one more question...are there grade or language requirements you need for studying abroad in a partner university or does it vary?

Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hello,

It's great to hear you've applied for the University of Surrey! We do offer exchange programmes, but they tend to be primarily focused on lab placements at partner institutions.

If you type BSc Psychology into this website https://surrey.moveon4.com/publisher/1/eng# you can see the full list of partner institutions. Currently, there are options in Australia, Belgium, Canada, China, Germany, Italy, Korea, Malaysia, NZ, Singapore and the USA.

I've met students on placement from our partner universities before and they tend to take on a research assistant role 😊 This is great for hands-on experience and making connections with researchers (whilst still being able to enjoy university life).

If you have specific questions or need further information about these opportunities, I recommend reaching out to the International Engagement Office at the University of Surrey. You can contact them at [email protected] for exchange-related queries and for more detailed information about the psychology-specific options available to you.

I hope this helps clarify the available opportunities for psychology students at the University of Surrey. If you have any more questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology
Original post by Anonymous
This was really helpful thank you :smile: I have one more question...are there grade or language requirements you need for studying abroad in a partner university or does it vary?

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply! As far as I'm aware of, you need an average of 60% or above to apply for exchange. However this is not certain and I would recommend you to go onto the official Surrey website and ask there!

Best regards,
Janelle (they/she)
International Hospitality and Tourism Management (BSc)
Reply 6
Hello,

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology

Hi,
I've applied to Surrey, are there any opportunities to study abroad for English?
Thank you!
Hello,

Thanks,
Sam (she/her)
MSc Psychology

Hi,
I've applied to Surrey, are there any opportunities to study abroad for English?
Thank you!
Hi @ashleeeh and Anonymous #2

Thank you for applying to Surrey!

Studying abroad is a great opportunity and if you are referring to the English Literature or English Literature and Creative Writing courses, the website mentions that “you have the opportunity to spend one semester or the full academic year on a study or work placement abroad”. There you can also find a range of partner institutions to choose from.

The same applies to English Literature with a language, where you can go on an exchange.

I hope that helps!

Best Regards,
Britina
Biomedical Science BSc (Hons)
Original post by ashleeeh
Hi,
Thank you!

Hello Ashleeeh,

Yes the University gives you an opportunity to study abroad for a wide variety of courses including English.

There's a dedicated page where you can find all of this information here: https://study.surrey.ac.uk/abroad/study-abroad (This information is accurate as of 2024 but it could be subject to change by the time you apply).

You will usually apply to study abroad during your Second Year at University for both Languages and English and there's an opportunity to study for 1 semester or 2 semesters. You can also choose to work for 1 semester and study in another or choose to simply work for both semesters.

Best regards,
Imane
Second-Year Languages student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending