The Student Room Group

Can you wear hoodies/hats at the jobcentre?

I hate showing my hair, I always wear hoodies over my head when I go out. Is that allowed at the jobcentre? I have to go there in a few weeks for the first time after years but can't remember.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymusy
I hate showing my hair, I always wear hoodies over my head when I go out. Is that allowed at the jobcentre? I have to go there in a few weeks for the first time after years but can't remember.

I don't think that it is allowed in job centers. I recommend wearing a hat and if u have long hair put it up.
if u are comfortable with doing that or you could explain why you have your hood up if you are more comfortable with that
I don't really know the answer. I can't think any reason for them having a rule on that. Can you ring them up if you are worried?
Reply 3
First impressions count; don't cover your head. I mean, what did you do at school? What are you going to do at job interviews or working?

Why can't you sort out whatever the issue is with your hair, rather than taking drastic measures?
Yes that’s fine ignore what the others have said I hate my hair too and wear hats and hoodies all the time, I wore my baseball cap into my universal credit appointment at the local jobcentre and nobody said anything not the staff not the security . I was fine . So go ahead and wear the cap and hoodie . No one will stop you
They don’t I wore a baseball cap to my UC appointment at my local jobcentre nobody gave two ****s
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
First impressions count; don't cover your head. I mean, what did you do at school? What are you going to do at job interviews or working?

Why can't you sort out whatever the issue is with your hair, rather than taking drastic measures?

Original post by Anonymous
Yes that’s fine ignore what the others have said I hate my hair too and wear hats and hoodies all the time, I wore my baseball cap into my universal credit appointment at the local jobcentre and nobody said anything not the staff not the security . I was fine . So go ahead and wear the cap and hoodie . No one will stop you

Thanks. I think I'm just going to wear my hoody and hopefully no one will say anything but I heard someone was asked to leave for wearing a hoody.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending