The Student Room Group

What is the biggest drama you have had with one of your pets?

can be anything
A few years ago my cat was really out of sorts, she was quiet and barely moving and felt warm, wasn’t eating and drinking loads of water. I took her to the vets thinking it was cat flu. They gave me cat antibiotics for her but were concerned she may have something more sinister. They decided it was stomach cancer then a different cancer then a bunch of other scary sounding illnesses and basically told me to expect the worst. She was all shaved from the tests and so tiny. Was allowed to take her home for her “final hours”. Two days and a LOT of £ later, antibiotics kicked in and she was absolutely fine. All tests came back negative. Cost a fortune but just glad she’s still here 🫶
The previous cat that my mum and dad had got run over while they were on holiday (me and my sister were at home and hadnt gone away).
That's too bad. Were they very sad?
One of my dogs had cancer and needed an operation. It was in vein, as it passed away almost a year later.
Reply 5
I had my pet dog during the Christmas season and it was only a few months since my father died. He became my best friend and comforter. He listens when I cry and comes near to support me. We had many dogs that were poisoned by neighbors so Im pretty scared when he gets out of my sight for a long time. At a certain time of the day, around sunset, I call both my dogs. They usually come running home after I call for a few minutes. That day, I called around the rice field and searched around our neighbors for almost an hour. He is nowhere to be found. I began crying and breaking down. I was scared he will be poisoned. I consider him my family and only family at that time. I was already crying nonstop like crazy and he dog came out of nowhere from my back covered in mud. I hugged and slapped his fat butt. I bathed him and kept his leash on. Today, he has experienced and received a blow in his skull ( they are probably trying to cook him, many people here eat dogs) and he had been hit by a vehicle but he is still going strong. I really wish him a long life. Im planning to study veterinary medicine so i can help our animals.

Quick Reply

Latest