The Student Room Group

Worcester College Accommodation Question

Hello. My daughter has been offered a place at Worcester College and is due to be commencing her studies there in October. It appears that there is no parking at the college and I am wondering how students move their belongings into the on site accommodation. Any information would be gratefully received.
There is a big field by the orchard where parents can park! I'd actually say Worcester College is one of the few colleges where moving in/out isn't such a big deal, parking-wise. Fear not :biggrin:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Koinonia20
Hello. My daughter has been offered a place at Worcester College and is due to be commencing her studies there in October. It appears that there is no parking at the college and I am wondering how students move their belongings into the on site accommodation. Any information would be gratefully received.

As the lonely goatherd says it’s not too bad. For drop off you get slots for freshers which makes it v easy. Thereafter is a bit hit and miss but as we have a long drive down there we have found that the best thing is to stay over in a premier inn Or something just out of town the night before then do the pick up at 7 am. From the car park, my sons accommodation is a good five minute walk, so with 2 of us an unload or load takes over an hour. Remember Worcester is a huge site! We take a foldable trolley, which helps. Your daughter will have a great time there. V friendly college. My lad settled in very well and is having a ball.
Also, you might want to head over to the Oxford Parents Association thread. There are loads of tips and bags of information and support for us parent on there!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending