The Student Room Group

Worcester Uni accommodation

Hi Guys,

I have just applied for my accommodation at the University or Worcester. I have applied an en suite room at the Old Post Office. The only reason I have applied for this is because there were longer any en suite rooms available at St Johns campus. Could anyone who stayed in this accommodation or have visited this accommodation please tell me if it’s at least an okay accommodation? I understand it’s going to very noisy as it’s on a high street and it’s right next to a train tack, but besides this was the general room okay? Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Chlxxey
Hi Guys,

I have just applied for my accommodation at the University or Worcester. I have applied an en suite room at the Old Post Office. The only reason I have applied for this is because there were longer any en suite rooms available at St Johns campus. Could anyone who stayed in this accommodation or have visited this accommodation please tell me if it’s at least an okay accommodation? I understand it’s going to very noisy as it’s on a high street and it’s right next to a train tack, but besides this was the general room okay? Thank you

Hi, unfortunately i don’t know about the room but wondered if you knew of anyone going into other accoms as i know a few that are going to the same one as you. if you know of any group chats or people going elsewhere please let me know
Reply 2
I'm in the old post office aswell! would love to get to know you, and if there is any GC would love to be added
Reply 3
i've put my deposit for the old post office. the reviews dont look very good from what ive seen but they were also from about 4-5 years ago. i am going to the open day in june and will hopefully be able to have a look :smile:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by maddyliaa
i've put my deposit for the old post office. the reviews dont look very good from what ive seen but they were also from about 4-5 years ago. i am going to the open day in june and will hopefully be able to have a look :smile:

@maddyliaa yeh ive seen the reviews aswell and its worried me but oh well it will still be fun! would love to get to know you. do you have snapchat or insta i could add you on?
Reply 5
yes! i have both i'll pm you my instagram
Original post by 16coxl
@maddyliaa yeh ive seen the reviews aswell and its worried me but oh well it will still be fun! would love to get to know you. do you have snapchat or insta i could add you on?
Hey, I’ve applied for the old post office as well because there was no accommodation left at St John’s and I’m in the exact same boat I don’t know anything. Add me on snap chat @ dizzyizzy290105
Original post by 16coxl
I'm in the old post office aswell! would love to get to know you, and if there is any GC would love to be added

Hi I am at the old post office this year very worried after looking at the reviews add me on snap as I would love to get to know people before hand. @dizzyizzy290105
Original post by 16coxl

Hey I am at the old post office this year and very worried after seeing the reviews would love to get to know people before hand add my snap @ dizzyizzy290105
Original post by Chlxxey
Hi Guys,

Hi I’m at the old post office this year as well and very worried after seeing the reviews would love to get to know people before hand as I don’t know anyone else going yet my snaps @dizzyizzy290105
Hi, someone on my course stayed here with his girlfriend during first and second year, unsure whether he’s staying there for third year but he must’ve liked it to stay there 2 years! Tbh Worcester town goes quite dead in the evening when you’re most likely to be there so I wouldn’t have thought it would be too noisy. He’s never mentioned the noise and I presume the room was okay to stay there 2 years! I think he even said it was better than the uni accomodation

Original post by Chlxxey
Hi Guys,

I love this accommodation. It has been refurbished since those reviews!
It’s actually my favourite of all the ones I’ve been to to see my friends. You get a double bed and the kitchen has a washing machine and dishwasher!

The location is also great for travelling back home by train, there’s a tesco right outside and you can be in bed 5 mins after leaving the club. St John’s is only a 15 minute walk away but you can easily get the bus if it is raining.
I agree - forgot to mention the location but location is perfect. All the shops, bars and clubs are in the same street (but far enough away that you won’t be disturbed by it) train station right next door for travelling home and bus stops outside and a bus station about a 5 min walk away.

Definitely better than living at the st.johns side of the river if you like to be more connected to transport and shops! If I would’ve lived in Worcester rather than commuting I would have lived on the city side of the river. I would say St. John’s campus is more like a 20-25 min walk but I have managed it in 17 minutes a few times before but I was walking quick. There is a bus tho that takes you to St John’s campus.

Don’t be put off by the walk tho bcos it’s a nice scenic walk over the river (on a bridge ofc!). I drive then catch the train to commute to uni and it takes me about 1 hour 15 - 1 hour 30 and the walk is the best part of my commute.

Original post by WantBeAnonymous
I love this accommodation. It has been refurbished since those reviews!
It’s actually my favourite of all the ones I’ve been to to see my friends. You get a double bed and the kitchen has a washing machine and dishwasher!

The location is also great for travelling back home by train, there’s a tesco right outside and you can be in bed 5 mins after leaving the club. St John’s is only a 15 minute walk away but you can easily get the bus if it is raining.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 13
Is there anyone who stayed in Farrier House Student Living in Farrier St? Their website shows that Rooms start from £136 a week

Are there any threads for student house-sharing?
Hi, I’m not sure what the current pricing is like but I know several people who have stayed here and all have said how great it is. Modern rooms, accessible, and great location as it is only a 5 min walk from train station and main high street with bars, shops etc on. Definitely one of the most popular student accommodations.

I’m currently in second year (going into third year in September 2023) and my friend who stayed here during first year wishes he’d have never left this accommodation! I think he paid around £174 for his room at the time (academic year 2021-22) but he had a disabled room with a double bed and en-suite. He loved it being so close to the train station as it meant he didn’t have a 25 min walk from St. John’s with his suitcase (which is where he wanted to stay but there was no spaces) to go back home every weekend! So in hindsight him not getting a room at St John’s actually did him a massive favour. Although all our first year lectures were at St John’s so he did have to walk there but so did I as I was commuting from the train station.

Also, my friend said there was a Snapchat group just for people in his accommodation so maybe there will be for you. I don’t think it was set up tho until the academic year had started but maybe you could try and set one up to get to know people? But honestly I don’t rly think it matters bcos my friend didn’t keep in touch with anyone from that group chat other than his house mates and he was sharing a flat with them in the farrier house accommodation before he joined that group. But he said the group chat was good to keep up to date with what was going on in the building.

Original post by najeb3
Is there
anyone who stayed in Farrier House Student Living in Farrier St? Their website shows that Rooms start from £136 a week

Are there any threads for student house-sharing?
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by Chlxxey
Hi Guys,

Hey I’m moving into this accommodation in Sept and have only found 1 other person is there a chat that i could join so i could get to know others? x
Reply 16
Original post by Chlxxey
Hi Guys,

Hey everyone!

I know I'm a bit late but I've also applied for the Old Post Office accommodation so was wondering if there's a group chat or anything that you guys have set up as I'd love to get to know you guys!
Reply 17
Original post by CatiCollector
Hi, I’m not sure what the current pricing is like but I know several people who have stayed here and all have said how great it is. Modern rooms, accessible, and great location as it is only a 5 min walk from train station and main high street with bars, shops etc on. Definitely one of the most popular student accommodations.

I’m currently in second year (going into third year in September 2023) and my friend who stayed here during first year wishes he’d have never left this accommodation! I think he paid around £174 for his room at the time (academic year 2021-22) but he had a disabled room with a double bed and en-suite. He loved it being so close to the train station as it meant he didn’t have a 25 min walk from St. John’s with his suitcase (which is where he wanted to stay but there was no spaces) to go back home every weekend! So in hindsight him not getting a room at St John’s actually did him a massive favour. Although all our first year lectures were at St John’s so he did have to walk there but so did I as I was commuting from the train station.

Also, my friend said there was a Snapchat group just for people in his accommodation so maybe there will be for you. I don’t think it was set up tho until the academic year had started but maybe you could try and set one up to get to know people? But honestly I don’t rly think it matters bcos my friend didn’t keep in touch with anyone from that group chat other than his house mates and he was sharing a flat with them in the farrier house accommodation before he joined that group. But he said the group chat was good to keep up to date with what was going on in the building.

@CatiCollector
Thanks so much for your reply. This sounds really positive and helpful.
I have managed to sort out my accommodation close to my 1st school placement as I will be going for a teacher training course (PGCE Secondary). I do not know about my 2nd school location, but it could be in Worcester. Thanks. :smile:
That sounds perfect then!

Original post by najeb3
@CatiCollector
Thanks so much for your reply. This sounds really positive and helpful.
I have managed to sort out my accommodation close to my 1st school placement as I will be going for a teacher training course (PGCE Secondary). I do not know about my 2nd school location, but it could be in Worcester. Thanks. :smile:
Hi, I’m not sure whether there will be a group chat yet for your accommodation (if anyone has set one up yet) but there’s always a Worcester uni freshers Facebook group every year that you can join (just looked and there’s one for your year 2023-24 with around 600 people in) join that and you can probably find out from there who’s in your accommodation.

I know it’s scary but in all honesty, I didn’t realise there was a Facebook group until I was well in first year so I never joined it. And my friends that did join it didn’t rly make any lasting friends from there but it might help you feel a little less alone and meet people in your accommodation and potential people to hang out with at freshers so by all means join it!

Original post by xaimeejox
Hey everyone!

I know I'm a bit late but I've also applied for the Old Post Office accommodation so was wondering if there's a group chat or anything that you guys have set up as I'd love to get to know you guys!
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending