The Student Room Group

a level anxiety

So i'm year 13 and my first a level is in two weeks, i've seriously struggled with anxiety for most of my life and have been in and out of various therapies but i've found nothing has worked. Recently i sat my mocks and did't perform as well as i'd liked despite revising constantly- i just sat down, felt like i was going to throw up the whole time and my brain completely shut down. I need AAB for my uni and at the moment this feels impossible- seriously freaking out and wondering if anyone else is feeling the same or has any tips?
Original post by bellllradford
So i'm year 13 and my first a level is in two weeks, i've seriously struggled with anxiety for most of my life and have been in and out of various therapies but i've found nothing has worked. Recently i sat my mocks and did't perform as well as i'd liked despite revising constantly- i just sat down, felt like i was going to throw up the whole time and my brain completely shut down. I need AAB for my uni and at the moment this feels impossible- seriously freaking out and wondering if anyone else is feeling the same or has any tips?

Exercising to relax, Regular physical activity keeps you healthy as it reduces stress.
Original post by Syed100
Exercising to relax, Regular physical activity keeps you healthy as it reduces stress.

have you tried exercising before?
Reply 3
Hey, I get it. I'm starting to feel less and less prepared as the days get closer and I'm really trying. I'm lost on how to achieve the grades I need. I think exercise usually helps ease the stress but lately, I've just been thinking of how I could be getting revision done instead of exercising so kinda defeats the purpose. Still figuring out how to cope with not being able to cope but glad I'm not the only one. Just remember all you can do is your ultimate best. Push yourself harder than you ever have because this is the final push. After you're finished with your exams you want to feel satisfied. I wish you the best of luck for your exam, hope you ace it!
Reply 4
Original post by bellllradford

i cant speak for everyone as we all have different experiences with anxiety, but it helps to keep your motivation in mind. i find that mental blocks and unhealthy amounts of stress dissipate when I consider WHY im sitting these exams instead of just constantly reminding myself that they are in a couple weeks time. you owe it to yourself to do your best in these exams, so try and remember the end goal. whether its that relaxing summer on the other side, the university life you'll experience when you (hopefully) meet the grades for your firm, or a distant career. when you look back in the future on this upcoming hellish month, the anxiety WONT matter because whats done will be done. i sincerely wish you the best of luck.
Original post by rexxi
Hey, I get it. I'm starting to feel less and less prepared as the days get closer and I'm really trying. I'm lost on how to achieve the grades I need. I think exercise usually helps ease the stress but lately, I've just been thinking of how I could be getting revision done instead of exercising so kinda defeats the purpose. Still figuring out how to cope with not being able to cope but glad I'm not the only one. Just remember all you can do is your ultimate best. Push yourself harder than you ever have because this is the final push. After you're finished with your exams you want to feel satisfied. I wish you the best of luck for your exam, hope you ace it!

Ahh thank you so much, i'm really glad i'm not the only one. It feels so suffocating and overwhelming now but i guess the only thing we can do is think of the end goal and what a relief it will be walking out of the last exam with our entire summer ahead! I find its helpful to remind yourself that its not the end of the world even though the stakes feel so high, and it will all be okay if something doesn't go quite to plan- there's always clearing or reapplication next year- helps to take the pressure off a bit! But i have every faith you'll do great, i think we'll both be fine :smile:
Original post by baziop
i cant speak for everyone as we all have different experiences with anxiety, but it helps to keep your motivation in mind. i find that mental blocks and unhealthy amounts of stress dissipate when I consider WHY im sitting these exams instead of just constantly reminding myself that they are in a couple weeks time. you owe it to yourself to do your best in these exams, so try and remember the end goal. whether its that relaxing summer on the other side, the university life you'll experience when you (hopefully) meet the grades for your firm, or a distant career. when you look back in the future on this upcoming hellish month, the anxiety WONT matter because whats done will be done. i sincerely wish you the best of luck.

Thank you so much, it definitely helps to keep focused on what we're all doing this for and that all the stress short term is ending soon- it seems worth it when the prospect of summer and uni is on the other side like you said. i think that'll help a lot in the exams in grounding myself. Last push and our future selves will thank us, i'm sure you'll so great, good luck!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest