The Student Room Group

Considering dropping out of sixth form this september?

Hi all,
I'm rewriting this since it didn't recieve any comments on the original post. I need advice, I'm about to finish sixth this month but I'm a bit lost. I currently study Level 3 Health & Social care but I'm considering dropping out.

The reason being is due to my mental health, ever since I've started sixth form I've developed severe anxiety that affects me in my everyday life. I was never anxious when I had my GCSEs but ever since I've started sixth form I've started to get anxiety slowly bit by bit. I've gotten anxiety attacks a few times, sometimes I'll get heart palpitations, breathlessness or feel light-headed. I have social anxiety so I tend to act awkward here and there around people due to my overthinking since I always feel like they're judging me or giving me weird looks. I am really struggling with my anxiety and another serious underlying medical problem I don't want to disclose online as it is personal however this is also affecting me everyday. I've discussed my anxiety with my doctor, seeking advice and help but no matter how many times I go back and forth. They tell me it's normal.

I go to my sixth form counsellor every now and then whenever I'm free but they just keep repeating the same things 'Get a grip', 'You'll be able to cope', 'It's not that serious' but I am suffering. I don't know what to do with my life, I feel like i'm on the urge of death and sometimes feel like ending my life to soothe the pain. Should I consider dropping out of college?
Yes! Do whatever is needed right now. -sincerely someone in the same position

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending