The Student Room Group

French speaking exam

Hello to all of you people out there, have you done your french speakings yet? I have got my photocard letter (K) and my roleplay number (16) today for my speaking tomorrow. Has anyone done these? If you, or someone else you know, has done these can you let me know what is on them so I can prepare for my exam tomorrow. Many thanks
Hi. I have experience here, but this will depend on your exam board.

This is what happened in Pearson/Edexcel.
Before the exam we were given a photocard and some (about 4) questions related to the photo. The first one was directly linked to the photo and the rest were more about the topic the photo represents (example: le louvre could be about tourist attractions). We were also expected to come up with our own question to ask the teacher and we were asked a surprise question we couldn't plan for. This would be 15 minutes in advance whilst we bullet point ideas but we were not allowed to plan full sentences. They also allowed us to take in bullet points with us.

For me (Pearson/Edexcel) it started with a very short speech of my chosen theme (literally about 6-8 lines of a 12pt on a word document) and we were allowed to write this preplanned at home. Mine was based on theme 1 so family, friends and that. I basically had to have this mostly memorised (not word for word but generally a decent idea) If you haven't been told about this already, chances are this probably isn't involved with your exam board.

Then we actually answered the photocard and questions in practice. Afterwards we had another general conversation. No cards, no stimuli, just speaking but the teacher will speak slow and you're allowed to stutter and take your time so it's really not that scary.

If you have a different exam board this will be quite similar but may vary. I reccommend going to their website to see if there's any information or even try to find youtubers who teach french at your exam board there are lots of youtube teachers out there.

Overall best of luck!
Reply 2
Thanks,I got AQA but it's quite similar, I should be fine since I revised for it and yes, the main thing is to know the vocab and you'll be fine☺️
Reply 3
Original post by adamor7
Thanks,I got AQA but it's quite similar, I should be fine since I revised for it and yes, the main thing is to know the vocab and you'll be fine☺️

Hi, I do AQA too! I think I got photocard M and roleplay 16 for mine, and I chose theme 2 for general conversation. It wasn't too hard if you learnt your answers I think, hope it went well!

Quick Reply

Latest