The Student Room Group

GCSE ENGLISH Edexcel

any help please with English language for Edexcel? all the resources and videos on YouTube are for aqa.. 😢 Edexcel needs help too lol!
Reply 1
what kind of help do you need x
Reply 2
just practice on how to use language and structure !
Original post by zws
what kind of help do you need x
Reply 3
honestly the best practice you can get is by doing past paper questions. read model answers and see what other students did well and if you're doing that too. if you aren't, try to. in terms of like analysing language and structure, you don't always have to know really complex/specific terms. sometimes its better to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. when analysing poems for example, take a look at the literal structure of the poem are there lots of paragraphs or lots of isolated lines? why might there be lines instead of paragraphs or vice versa? and when looking at language, one of the easiest ways to look at something if you're not sure how to analyse it is how does it make YOU feel or think because remember, you're the reader!

hope that helps (and sorry if I didnt understand what you meant) if you need any more help just ask xx
Reply 4
Original post by zws
honestly the best practice you can get is by doing past paper questions. read model answers and see what other students did well and if you're doing that too. if you aren't, try to. in terms of like analysing language and structure, you don't always have to know really complex/specific terms. sometimes its better to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. when analysing poems for example, take a look at the literal structure of the poem are there lots of paragraphs or lots of isolated lines? why might there be lines instead of paragraphs or vice versa? and when looking at language, one of the easiest ways to look at something if you're not sure how to analyse it is how does it make YOU feel or think because remember, you're the reader!

hope that helps (and sorry if I didnt understand what you meant) if you need any more help just ask xx

thank you could you give me ur ig or something? so I can send u examples to get your opinion cs my teacher doesn't wanna reply to my emails :/ (if not I understand)
Reply 5
is it ok if we stay on here?? im happy to help u by private message tho :smile:
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 6
what are guys saying for EDEXCEL lang p1 and p2 found it hard? found it easy? lmk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending