The Student Room Group

Resources for igcse edexcel French

Heyy does anyone know resources that I can use to ensure I get a 7 or 8 in igcse edexcel french. Also would you recommend a igcse french student to use Duolingo
Reply 1
Original post by amyks
Heyy does anyone know resources that I can use to ensure I get a 7 or 8 in igcse edexcel french. Also would you recommend a igcse french student to use Duolingo

Hiii I’m also doing that gcse w/same exam board. I recommend going to vocabulary pages at end of modules and picking out sophisticated sentence structure from them (eg. À mon Avis, internet a tué les joies de La lecture) Learn them by quizlet or flash cards. Once u know the vocab enough, practice the writings on the previous pages (Exam practice pages). Consolidate grammar tenses and structures then do the practice grammar qs.

I have many quizlets on the french igcse, let me know if you would like to know my username to find them :smile:

For the four word writing u could easily just make up 4 words depending on the topic, as well as just making up bullet points for the long writing.

All else, just learn the vocabulary by spelling and by listening then do practice reading, writings and grammar and you’ll be fine! Make the most of the listening practice u do in class.

Let me know how it goes :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by amyks

I also do Duolingo, I would definitely recommend it. You learn lots of different vocab and grammar and structures that will rlly impress examiners.
Reply 3
Original post by 13spring02
Hiii I’m also doing that gcse w/same exam board. I recommend going to vocabulary pages at end of modules and picking out sophisticated sentence structure from them (eg. À mon Avis, internet a tué les joies de La lecture) Learn them by quizlet or flash cards. Once u know the vocab enough, practice the writings on the previous pages (Exam practice pages). Consolidate grammar tenses and structures then do the practice grammar qs.

I have many quizlets on the french igcse, let me know if you would like to know my username to find them :smile:

For the four word writing u could easily just make up 4 words depending on the topic, as well as just making up bullet points for the long writing.

All else, just learn the vocabulary by spelling and by listening then do practice reading, writings and grammar and you’ll be fine! Make the most of the listening practice u do in class.

Let me know how it goes :smile:

Ooh! Doing CIE igcse french but can I have your quizlet please? That sounds really helpful for revisions. Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by bicompton
Ooh! Doing CIE igcse french but can I have your quizlet please? That sounds really helpful for revisions. Thanks!

Hi my quizlet name is R1D4_m just search that and it should come up. Sorry it took me a while to get back to you!
Reply 5
Original post by 13spring02
Hi my quizlet name is R1D4_m just search that and it should come up. Sorry it took me a while to get back to you!

No worries, thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest