The Student Room Group

Hair colour advice

Hi I want to dye my hair rainbow :nyan:for the last week of school to have during the summer holidays. I also want to shave a design… My theory is the school won’t really do anything because it is the last week. I also want to show my friends. I was thinking of dying it the day before the last day but I realised that my scalp would be stained. I have decided that I want to do it on the Saturday, get my scalp sorted on Sunday and then have the last week of school. Will my school really do anything. Also they let me have blue/ purple tips and and a pink streak in the front so this isn’t much different. Should I just do it and see what happens… Or should I not risk it and do it just for the holidays?
(edited 12 months ago)
Reply 1
Don't risk it during term time, wait until the holidays.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst

I was thinking I could try it on the last week of the school year, I don’t think they will care as much. But if you really think they will then I can just have it for the holidays only. Do you think I could try it for the last day of school?
Reply 3
Original post by Moonlight:)
I was thinking I could try it on the last week of the school year, I don’t think they will care as much. But if you really think they will then I can just have it for the holidays only. Do you think I could try it for the last day of school?

Best to not risk breaching the school uniform code, even in the last week of school.
Nor antagonising the most strict and bad tempered of teachers.
Remember all the ways that hostile teachers can make life very difficult for the students who annoy them most if they want to; marking assignments, writing school progress reports, parents evenings, predicted grades, uni or work references.
depends on what yr u are, for instance my school is super strict up to y11 then in sixth form u can do whatever you want. Every time I dyed my hair before they were insane on it being changed back asap they were rlly strict, however since the last few months of y11 I have done whatever I want to it without a word from teachers esp since I am basically on study leave. Tbh I think go for it literally like what are they going to do suspend u on the last week? shower u with detentions? literally just do whatever ur heart wants
Reply 5
Original post by riotdontdenyit
depends on what yr u are, for instance my school is super strict up to y11 then in sixth form u can do whatever you want. Every time I dyed my hair before they were insane on it being changed back asap they were rlly strict, however since the last few months of y11 I have done whatever I want to it without a word from teachers esp since I am basically on study leave. Tbh I think go for it literally like what are they going to do suspend u on the last week? shower u with detentions? literally just do whatever ur heart wants

I am in yr 9 so I can still get in trouble. However this year we got a new head and they don’t seem to mind about hair colours. My green ends, no mention. My pink streak and blue and purple ends, no mention. Just not sure if rainbow could be a push too far. Although shaved designs are still an issue :frown: Also under our old teacher I had some green streaks and they made me dye them straight back.
I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.
Reply 7
Original post by -Eirlys-
I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by londonmyst

I would advise the same. I can't give you another rep so showing that I agree with you. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Kutie Karen
I would advise the same. I can't give you another rep so showing that I agree with you. :smile:

Ok, I will just do it over the summer thx for the advice

Quick Reply

Latest