The Student Room Group

strange DM

in a nutshell-- last year in year 12 i got into this debate with this communist dude in my year about stuff. it ended with me getting upset, him getting aggressive and then we havent spoken since.

today i get a insta DM from him saying that he sent me a reel and a lot of the reels i watch are either humorous stuff (my humour is quite dark sometimes and a bit offensive but i'm a jokey person), and motivational things like go gym, work hard, become a millionaire, travel the world, reach your goals etc etc. Below 1 of these motivational reels he says: "I noticed most of these kind of reels i look at and see are liked by you as well."
I was going to give a witty remark and say well yeah thats how following works but instead i just explained that i like deep and relatable things as well as motivational stuff that inspires me and advice etc.
And then he replies with: "it seems strange coz a lot of the stuff u like seems very right wing and judging by the group u hang out with i'm surprised u havent been cancelled."
I blanked him after that coz i told my parents and they think he is starting to make an argument and it will end badly. I know what he means by the slightly offensive dark humour jokes from people like Jimmy Carr, Ricky Gervais, family guy etc that i like but the thing is i'm not even close to most the people in my friendship group. and the people i am close with it barely crosses our minds and stuff and we barely talk about social and political issues.

i dunno what this guys deal is and i dunno what he wants. I'm not going to respond but i dunno ://
Original post by Marysia W-Smith
in a nutshell-- last year in year 12 i got into this debate with this communist dude in my year about stuff. it ended with me getting upset, him getting aggressive and then we havent spoken since.

today i get a insta DM from him saying that he sent me a reel and a lot of the reels i watch are either humorous stuff (my humour is quite dark sometimes and a bit offensive but i'm a jokey person), and motivational things like go gym, work hard, become a millionaire, travel the world, reach your goals etc etc. Below 1 of these motivational reels he says: "I noticed most of these kind of reels i look at and see are liked by you as well."
I was going to give a witty remark and say well yeah thats how following works but instead i just explained that i like deep and relatable things as well as motivational stuff that inspires me and advice etc.
And then he replies with: "it seems strange coz a lot of the stuff u like seems very right wing and judging by the group u hang out with i'm surprised u havent been cancelled."
I blanked him after that coz i told my parents and they think he is starting to make an argument and it will end badly. I know what he means by the slightly offensive dark humour jokes from people like Jimmy Carr, Ricky Gervais, family guy etc that i like but the thing is i'm not even close to most the people in my friendship group. and the people i am close with it barely crosses our minds and stuff and we barely talk about social and political issues.

i dunno what this guys deal is and i dunno what he wants. I'm not going to respond but i dunno ://

Yeah ur parents are right. The guy aint satisfied he wants a round 2 lol
Reply 2
He's a silly person saying silly things. Just ignore them.
Reply 3
Best to just mute him online and avoid any further interaction offline.
He's probably an attention seeker wanting to start drama or zealot trying to manipulate you into agreeing with his favourite political opinions.
Reply 4
Block him. He sounds like he's trying to provoke you with that last comment. He also sounds lonely.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending