The Student Room Group

Awkward around women

- I go to a all boy school
- Im 15
- Last time i properly had a relationship (friendship) with a girl was 3 years ago, since then i never really had any female friends my age, she was local but we only talked online.

Basically im awkward around women, im ass at creating convos with them, im **** at texting them, i have no idea how to make female friends let alone pull or slide in dm's.

What should i do about this? I honestly just want non online female friends but this is very had to do cause i go to a all boys school. Any tips?
There’s no need to be awkward or to interact with them any differently to how you interact with your male friends. Making friends with people should be the same regardless of gender.

(If you’re looking for advice on how to “slide in DMs” I can’t help you there - if anyone did that with me I’d ignore them)
Original post by Anonymous
- I go to a all boy school
- Im 15
- Last time i properly had a relationship (friendship) with a girl was 3 years ago, since then i never really had any female friends my age, she was local but we only talked online.

Basically im awkward around women, im ass at creating convos with them, im **** at texting them, i have no idea how to make female friends let alone pull or slide in dm's.

What should i do about this? I honestly just want non online female friends but this is very had to do cause i go to a all boys school. Any tips?

interact with them the same as you'd interact with a lad - it works just the same
You're really overthinking it mate 😂

If it really does make you anxious talking to girls IRL, make friends with them online first. Idk - Discord communities, Xbox live. **** knows. The world is your oysester.

Then join a club. Football, hockey, whatever it may be. There will be girls there. Use the lessons learned making friends with girls online, in person. Over time you'll realise girls aren't some weird, strange being. They're people, most of whom are pretty ****ing awesome to be around!
Compliment them but don't be wierd bout it.

Act cool but not too much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending