The Student Room Group

GCSE Exams

Can i sit my exam GCSE outside of my school or atleast a different classroom with a teacher ofc, if ur wondering why got ab 30 ppl after me so for the time being need a way out!
Original post by Qlolski
Can i sit my exam GCSE outside of my school or atleast a different classroom with a teacher ofc, if ur wondering why got ab 30 ppl after me so for the time being need a way out!

You would not be allowed to take the exam outside of the exam centre where you are registered to take the exam (i.e. outside your school). However, schools can put in place to the following arrangement without having to apply for it with the exam board and without having to provide any evidence as to the reason:

"Separate invigilation within the centre (sitting the examination outside of the main examination hall/room, e.g. a room for a smaller group of candidates)"

You may well find that some students already have this arrangement in place, meaning that your school would already have a separate room (and separate invigilator) set aside. Talk to whoever's responsible for exam arrangements at your school to see whether you can take advantage of this arrangement.

Quick Reply

Latest