The Student Room Group

Is rereading my Literature texts now (AQA GCSE) going to help me at all?

I feel like I have the exam technique sorted as well as the context but I forget where in the text things happen and quotations and I think it'd be really helpful to go through them again (I'm read quickly and could probably get ACC and AIC done in a day if I tried hard enough) so I can order my points right for the logical argument but I heard its a waste of time at this point?
Reply 1
Original post by miac16
I feel like I have the exam technique sorted as well as the context but I forget where in the text things happen and quotations and I think it'd be really helpful to go through them again (I'm read quickly and could probably get ACC and AIC done in a day if I tried hard enough) so I can order my points right for the logical argument but I heard its a waste of time at this point?

No, there's no point rereading the texts- especially Shakespeare is pointless at this point (i did Macbeth, ACC,AIC last year) and got a 9. If you know the context and the main themes in the texts then you shall be good, for Shakespeare (if you do it) learn where key quotes are in the Acts- importantly, Act 3. The 'logical argument' you're asking about can be mainly focused on context and the Question will likely focus on a theme or character- in my inspector calls essay, it was basically a context essay for me personally (but i wouldn't entirely recommend that lol).
At this stage last year i was watching Youtube videos- Mr Salles, Mr Bruff for instance, and making character mindmaps- linking with themes. I was learning quotes surrounding the context- writing paragraphs about a theme/character including the quotes necessary for that specific theme/character.
Another (unasked for tip) would be to create your first sentence- using words such as 'archetypal' (i.e for 'Bourgeoisie' Mr Birling) and 'Industrial Revolution' (AIC) ,( i talked about social class quite a lot), '19th Century' (ACC) (also social class major theme- im quite political...) just to make your first point for your argument quite generic to the statement. (This is from an AQA student- so apply if necessary... depending on Question types).
Goodluck! Hope this is helpful in some way :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending