The Student Room Group

Gcse - biology

Biology exam this tuesday, hows everyone feeling?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
quite worried cant lie
Reply 2
Hi,
Good luck with exams
I got an A* in gcse and a level bio let me know if you have any questions
Reply 3
Original post by Jess_Lomas
Hi,
Good luck with exams

omg thats amazing well done!! what was your main method of revision? and is their any tips you have?
Reply 4
Shivering in my boots haha. Can't wait until it's over to be honest, kinda want to get it over and done with. Good luck everyone! Hope you all receive the results you want :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by qas1232
omg thats amazing well done!! what was your main method of revision? and is their any tips you have?

So during the year I would use flashcards but make my own online so then if there was a question on a topic that I didn't have the information to I could add it in or learn the way they wanted me to write it
Then when it was closer I focused on doing past papers and then saw the topics I was losing marks on and then found a pack on that topic on physics and maths tutor

I would say my main tip in the exam is to have an orange and green highlighter and read all the questions and any you definitely know do in green and any you don't know orange and the okay ones blank.Then do the green questions so you've been able to do all of them and you feeler happier. Also reading all of the questions at the start helps as you subconsciously are thinking about them so more likely to be able to answer them
Reply 6
Original post by qas1232
quite worried cant lie

Don't fear because I believe in you! If you put in the hard work expect brilliant results back thats how success works my bro.
Reply 7
Original post by 哪壶不开提哪壶
Very nervous .

If they ask the question what is a women I’m screwed . Most of the world now can’t answer this question .

I’m scared it might be a trick question and when I give the correct answer ( yes , shock there is a correct answer) they’ll label me a bigot .

Imagine how I feel; I can't describe what the cell membrane does...
Reply 8
Original post by Jess_Lomas
Hi,
Good luck with exams

Got my exam on tuesday, can I ask what technique helped you the most? And do you recommend blurting?
Reply 9
Original post by £chaqti
Don't fear because I believe in you! If you put in the hard work expect brilliant results back thats how success works my bro.

tysm g same goes for you i believe in you aswell!
Original post by £chaqti
Got my exam on tuesday, can I ask what technique helped you the most? And do you recommend blurting?

Good luck
I've mentioned the method I personally used on the 7th post hope it helps
Blurting depends on the person for me without the subheadings I struggled to retrieve the information but was fine with when having headings and exam questions (I'm autistic) so I don't know if that impacts the way I recall information as I'm told I have a weird memory system but I know for loads of people it helps so it's a good method but might not work for everyone so if it helps you then it's good but if others work for you then go for that
Reply 11
more difficult than i tot
Original post by yoshinoya
more difficult than i tot

I know it feels like it wasn't the best at the moment but from experience they go better than you think and especially the first one feels weird as it is a new environment. There are more papers and if it was harder than normal then everyone would have done worse than expected and it will all work out okay. Don't lose confidence
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending