The Student Room Group

Should I learn triple science content over the summer before A-Levels?

I’m studying combined science at GCSE (predicted 9-9) but I’m going to take Biology and Physics at A-level. I just wanted to know if I should try to learn the triple science content for biology and physics over the summer to put me in a better position for year 12 or if it’s not worth it?
Reply 1
Original post by evied21
I’m studying combined science at GCSE (predicted 9-9) but I’m going to take Biology and Physics at A-level. I just wanted to know if I should try to learn the triple science content for biology and physics over the summer to put me in a better position for year 12 or if it’s not worth it?

Yes, defiantly, because my friend did combined and i did triple and there is some topics that she has absolutlly no clue about whilst the rest if the class has a good idea as to what is happening, so honestly yes i think you should.
Original post by evied21

Hi @evied21,

I think that's a great idea! I did Biology in both triple science GCSEs and A-Levels and there were definitely a lot of overlap and elaboration from what I learnt in GCSEs. A-Level Biology syllabus expands on the GCSE syllabus therefore since you mentioned your prediction of 9, and your willingness to revise over the summer I think you'll do exceptionally well for A-Levels 🙂

I recommend that you work alongside your specification points, as it will tell you exactly what you need to know. Maybe you can even compare it with the A-Level specification points and see if there are any similarities.

I'm rooting for you!

All the best,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by Tatakae L
Yes, defiantly, because my friend did combined and i did triple and there is some topics that she has absolutlly no clue about whilst the rest if the class has a good idea as to what is happening, so honestly yes i think you should.

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @evied21,

I think that's a great idea! I did Biology in both triple science GCSEs and A-Levels and there were definitely a lot of overlap and elaboration from what I learnt in GCSEs. A-Level Biology syllabus expands on the GCSE syllabus therefore since you mentioned your prediction of 9, and your willingness to revise over the summer I think you'll do exceptionally well for A-Levels 🙂

I recommend that you work alongside your specification points, as it will tell you exactly what you need to know. Maybe you can even compare it with the A-Level specification points and see if there are any similarities.

I'm rooting for you!

All the best,
Danish
BCU Student Rep

Thank you for the great advice! I’ll make sure to refer to the spec 😁

Quick Reply

Latest