The Student Room Group

English lit gcse and english lang igcse

i’m a homeschooled student and ive split my gcse exams over 2 years, studying english gcse over one year. i recently learnt the english literature GCSE( covered quite a lot but stopped studying it and will instead be continuing doing it next year ) but found out that english langauge had a speaking component and i should take IGCSE. Is it odd if i take English Literature GCSE and English Language IGCSE??
Reply 1
Hello! Homeschooled student here! Personally, I wouldn't consider this an issue in the slightest, and, in all honesty, I doubt anybody would look too far into it. However, the speaking component can be done alongside the GCSE if you are willing to be examined within a (usually private) school to complete it. It's only a short presentation, and you are allowed notes/a PowerPoint to aid you. It is mostly a test on your ability to compile and organise information into a discussion of interest. I hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 2
Thanks for the advice! But i don’t think i’d want to present in a school , it would be a little nerve racking 😅, so it’s fine to do igcse and gcse for the two?

Quick Reply

Latest