The Student Room Group

OCR A Level Economics Paper 2 Macroeconomics (H460/02) - 22nd May 2023

Poll

How did your OCR A Level Economics Paper 2 exam go?

OCR A Level Economics Paper 2 Macroeconomics (H460/02) - 22nd May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Monday 22nd May / PM
Length: 2h

Resources

OCR Economics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any predictions?
Reply 2
probably not but I thinks
Balance of Payments
Microfinance
Income welfare distribution
Reply 3
I reckon they'll use 2019 paper
Reply 4
Original post by theomck
I reckon they'll use 2019 paper

they wouldn't reuse a previous paper
Reply 5
inflation, BOP and financial markets, maybe monetary policy
Original post by lmao126888
Any predictions?
I think they are definitely using the current economic state. There was a lot of trade union and wage differential questions which have been on the news a lot in 2023 due to strikes and poor pay. So i think there will definitely be inflation or interest rates possibly some income inequality and growth after the pandemic
Reply 7
Original post by mima223
Balance of Payments
Microfinance

Microfinance has already been done in a paper
Reply 8
Original post by tinakx

can't imagine a 25 marker on Microfinance
Reply 9
i mean question 4 for this years micro paper was basically the same as one of the state provision of public goods questions from i think 2 or 3 years ago so it could come up again
Reply 10
Original post by tinakx

doesnt mean they cant do it again
Reply 11
Honestly feels like it could be anything but i’m guessing financial sector or ER for the data qs and maybe SSPs, monetary policy or any other topic 2 Qs for the essays.
Original post by mima223
Balance of Payments
Microfinance

balance of payments was 2021 - ik they didnt sit the paper so maybe u cld be right? wld they still reuse the question
Reply 13
I don’t think they will use the same question but they may word it differently. But icl bop might not come up. They haven’t asked much from financial regulation so I guess that will come up. But then again I’m not sure…
Reply 14
Guys

How would you evaluate the role of the central bank. Like for example evaluate the effectiveness of different policy measures available to a central bank in targeting macroeconomic performances?
Reply 15
isnt that just evaluating monetary policy
Reply 16
when was the last time supply side policy came up
Reply 17
good luck everyone!!!
Original post by uglymember
Guys

How would you evaluate the role of the central bank. Like for example evaluate the effectiveness of different policy measures available to a central bank in targeting macroeconomic performances?

- Lender of last resort. Increase confidence in an economy people will be encouraged to save more. High IR on emergency funds to encourage firms to be careful in the future. Prevent systemic risk and a run on the banks that can have a ripple affect However may lead to banks being unreliable as they know that they can get saved if they fail.
- Increase IR to stop inflation. Encourage saving which can lead to economic growth through harrold domar model. However if there is insufficient financial institutions may be hard to save
- Money supply. Increase in money supply lowers IR to encourage investment. Shift to the right on LRAS as improvements in technology and innovation. Depends on where they operate in the liquidity preference diagram as they may increase the money supply but if it is operating on the elastic part may result in no change in IR therefore may be no further investment whilst still some people are saving due to liquidity trap
Hey everyone, how did you find the exam? :smile:

OCR A-level Economics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending