The Student Room Group

gcse biology ocr triple paper 1

how did everyone find the biology exam today?? also discuss any questions you remember here
Reply 1
really good actually..! I particularly liked the 6 marker on haemoglobin I think that was quite generous since its something most people can write something about. I assume to get into the top band you had to say something more then just how it causes them to change shape and not be able to carry oxygen or something along those lines. The questions on the menstrual cycle were nice because it kind of gave you the role of each hormone anyway in one of the assign definition questions (waste of time cramming them the other night). I dont remember too much of the rest but if you had any questions i can tell you what i wrote or would've written.
Reply 2
Original post by bluefish071
really good actually..! I particularly liked the 6 marker on haemoglobin I think that was quite generous since its something most people can write something about. I assume to get into the top band you had to say something more then just how it causes them to change shape and not be able to carry oxygen or something along those lines. The questions on the menstrual cycle were nice because it kind of gave you the role of each hormone anyway in one of the assign definition questions (waste of time cramming them the other night). I dont remember too much of the rest but if you had any questions i can tell you what i wrote or would've written.

oh yes i agree with you on the 6 marker!! and YEAHH the teat was much better than i had anticipated but what did you get for that leaf question about why it grows upwards i put positive phototropism but everyone seems to have gotten different answers, also i found that draw mitochondria one a bit odd since they basically gave us the answer right?
Reply 3
Original post by qas1232
oh yes i agree with you on the 6 marker!! and YEAHH the teat was much better than i had anticipated but what did you get for that leaf question about why it grows upwards i put positive phototropism but everyone seems to have gotten different answers, also i found that draw mitochondria one a bit odd since they basically gave us the answer right?

oh really? i spoke about the oxygen rising up because of photosynthesis. I sort of imagined it like the solution was bubbling but instead of being bubbles it was the oxygen inside the leafs... i could be completely wrong and positive phototropism doesn't sound like an unlikely answer either. Mitochondria question I gave up on. i had no clue and refused to believe they would give you marks off what the other question showed, I assumed you needed to label for the last mark (Im not sure if it was 1 or 2?) that one was lost on me icl.
Reply 4
oh really? i spoke about the oxygen rising up because of photosynthesis. I sort of imagined it like the solution was bubbling but instead of being bubbles it was the oxygen inside the leafs... i could be completely wrong and positive phototropism doesn't sound like an unlikely answer either. Mitochondria question I gave up on. i had no clue and refused to believe they would give you marks off what the other question showed, I assumed you needed to label for the last mark (Im not sure if it was 1 or 2?) that one was lost on me icl.

you might be right tbf since a lot of people have said that and yes the mitochondria one was 2 marks and i refuse to believe they would give away 2 marks for copying the diagram they gave
really good actually..! I particularly liked the 6 marker on haemoglobin I think that was quite generous since its something most people can write something about. I assume to get into the top band you had to say something more then just how it causes them to change shape and not be able to carry oxygen or something along those lines. The questions on the menstrual cycle were nice because it kind of
gave you the role of each hormone anyway in one of the assign definition questions (waste of time cramming them the other night). I dont remember too much of the rest but if you had any questions i can tell you what i wrote or would've written.

The mitochondria question it said scientific drawing so if you search it up that’s what it looks like so it’s not acc like the pictures which is upsetting

Quick Reply

Latest