The Student Room Group

AQA Economics GCSE Paper 1

Anyone else do this exam today? I am the only economics student in my school and have nobody to discuss this exam with!
Reply 1
Original post by lndiia
Anyone else do this exam today? I am the only economics student in my school and have nobody to discuss this exam with!

Yeah I did! How did you find it and what did you say on the 15 marker. I thought it was hard did you get a leftward movement in the demand curve?
Reply 2
I loved the exam, I was extremely nervous before hand but a large majority could be deduced easily, I definitely messed up the surfboard question about average fixed cost! And yes I drew a leftward movement too, was really scared about that one

On the 15 marker for the positives I spoke about connectivity to reduce north/south divide and catalyse growth yet how people far east/west of England may not benefit, reduced congestion, carbon footprint reduced, people can access more jobs, students can aim higher since less commute stress, of course all the jobs for those who are building it and some other points I can't quite remember.

For disadvantages I discussed how R&D may lead to other ways of travel within the time frame that HS2 is being built, how trains may not have as high demand in the future, definitely the hassle for those who live nearby being disturbed via noise/land renovations for years to come, increased online jobs may lead to less people needing to commute for work, opportunity cost.

That's all I can recall but I summarised with agreeing it'd benefit the country on a long term scale and chances of people not wanting trains in future is low since they've been around for over 100 years and are still heavily relied upon
Original post by connie.0
Yeah I did! How did you find it and what did you say on the 15 marker. I thought it was hard did you get a leftward movement in the demand curve?
Reply 3
Original post by lndiia
I loved the exam, I was extremely nervous before hand but a large majority could be deduced easily, I definitely messed up the surfboard question about average fixed cost! And yes I drew a leftward movement too, was really scared about that one

On the 15 marker for the positives I spoke about connectivity to reduce north/south divide and catalyse growth yet how people far east/west of England may not benefit, reduced congestion, carbon footprint reduced, people can access more jobs, students can aim higher since less commute stress, of course all the jobs for those who are building it and some other points I can't quite remember.

For disadvantages I discussed how R&D may lead to other ways of travel within the time frame that HS2 is being built, how trains may not have as high demand in the future, definitely the hassle for those who live nearby being disturbed via noise/land renovations for years to come, increased online jobs may lead to less people needing to commute for work, opportunity cost.

That's all I can recall but I summarised with agreeing it'd benefit the country on a long term scale and chances of people not wanting trains in future is low since they've been around for over 100 years and are still heavily relied upon

No that’s honestly sooo good. You’ll definintly get a nine. That’s impressive you had enough time to write all of that
Original post by lndiia

How did you find paper 2? I liked it more than paper 1
Reply 5
I found paper 2 great too, genuinely enjoyed responding to everything as it was quite straightforward and allowed me to explain a lot.

Only questions I'm unsure if I got correct was probably the question asking about the mean of something between 2021 and 2021, for 3 marks it just looked like I missed something. And also one of the final multiple choice with the curve for USA and UK currencies. Apart from that there's perhaps 2 other 2 markers I'm afraid I didn't use the correct technical terms for.
Original post by DishPerson :)
How did you find paper 2? I liked it more than paper 1
Original post by lndiia
I found paper 2 great too, genuinely enjoyed responding to everything as it was quite straightforward and allowed me to explain a lot.

Only questions I'm unsure if I got correct was probably the question asking about the mean of something between 2021 and 2021, for 3 marks it just looked like I missed something. And also one of the final multiple choice with the curve for USA and UK currencies. Apart from that there's perhaps 2 other 2 markers I'm afraid I didn't use the correct technical terms for.

I enjoyed both papers... It'll be fine... For the mean I got like 5%ish? I don't know if it's right though but I'm usually good at maths marks

I worked it out for each year by final - original/ original × 100 then I added the two values and divided by 2 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest