The Student Room Group

A level paper remark 2023

Hi guys I was only 1 away from getting a B grade for Economics which resulted on me missing out on my firm. Went to go for priority remark and was wondering if I should get one economics paper remarked or all of them. Is there anyway to see how well I did on these papers so I can send the appropriate paper?
Original post by Jfkal
Hi guys I was only 1 away from getting a B grade for Economics which resulted on me missing out on my firm. Went to go for priority remark and was wondering if I should get one economics paper remarked or all of them. Is there anyway to see how well I did on these papers so I can send the appropriate paper?

Yes, you can request your papers back for free and you can go through them with your teacher. You should speak to your teacher and/or exams officer to do this.
(edited 8 months ago)
Anyone know likelihood of bio going up 2 marks
Reply 3
Hi can I get some advice here, I was 3 marks off an A* in History and 20 marks from the A/B grade boundary my college has offered to pay for a review of one paper to try ad get the extra marks, is it worth it and is there any realistic chance of losing 20 marks on 1 paper.

Also I have a similar situation with RE, I was 5 marks off of an A which was quite surprising given how I thought it went I'm 35 marks from a C grade so extremely unlikely to go down but obviously a slight chance is it wirhoaying for a remark as college won't pay for this one or accept the grade as luckily I was still accepted onto my 1st choice anyway. Thanks
Original post by S3PJ
Hi can I get some advice here, I was 3 marks off an A* in History and 20 marks from the A/B grade boundary my college has offered to pay for a review of one paper to try ad get the extra marks, is it worth it and is there any realistic chance of losing 20 marks on 1 paper.

Also I have a similar situation with RE, I was 5 marks off of an A which was quite surprising given how I thought it went I'm 35 marks from a C grade so extremely unlikely to go down but obviously a slight chance is it wirhoaying for a remark as college won't pay for this one or accept the grade as luckily I was still accepted onto my 1st choice anyway. Thanks

get history remarked. Ur never gonna go down that far. RS is ur choice tbh if u have the money go for it if not be happy with it!
Reply 6
Can you request the markscheme for your papers? I needed 3 marks to get an a* in chem, but it would be better to check beforehand.
Reply 7
Original post by SHUBHUEH
Can you request the markscheme for your papers? I needed 3 marks to get an a* in chem, but it would be better to check beforehand.

You just have to go through with your teacher
Reply 8
Original post by username6340569
Anyone know likelihood of bio going up 2 marks

Just got my bio back needed 1 mark got 2 now I’m at an a* so it’s possible. I sent p3 but it wasn’t the essay that changed
Original post by 07552Z
Just got my bio back needed 1 mark got 2 now I’m at an a* so it’s possible. I sent p3 but it wasn’t the essay that changed

Judging from the essay, this is AQA bio right? May I ask, when did you send it for marking and also was it priority or non priority?
Reply 10
Original post by 07552Z

Congrats!!! I sent my bio as well since I'm 1 mark off an A. Do they show where the marks were gained or would you need to request the paper for that?
Reply 11
Original post by Julia_fox
Congrats!!! I sent my bio as well since I'm 1 mark off an A. Do they show where the marks were gained or would you need to request the paper for that?

They showed me where the marks changed and attached my paper
Reply 12
Original post by Emily_210567
Judging from the essay, this is AQA bio right? May I ask, when did you send it for marking and also was it priority or non priority?

I sent it day after results day and non priority so about 2 weeks.

Quick Reply

Latest