The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Economics A Paper 3 (9ECO 03) - 5th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel A level Ecomomics Paper 3 exam go ?

Edexcel A-Level Economics A Paper 3 (9ECO 03) - Monday 5th June 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: Mon 5 Jun / AM
Length: 2h

Resources

Edexcel Economics

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bruh I tanked paper 1 and 2, and I'm worse at paper 3. Lowering the grade boundaries for u guys 💪
(edited 11 months ago)
any predictions??
Reply 3
labour market is perfect for a synoptic question

Original post by hiiii.123456
any predictions??
Reply 4
any predictions??

Financial markets and role of macro state economy.
Reply 5
Original post by Chamberlaine
Financial markets and role of macro state economy.

if they ask that you can only really talk about macro points none micro really
Original post by bbdnsnd
if they ask that you can only really talk about macro points none micro really

market failure is more of a micro thing but its in the macro side of the spec for financial markets- so there could be one on financial market failure but idk which points would counts as macro and which micro
Considering both market structures and financial markets are missing, I wouldn’t be surprised if fintech/challenger banks were the basis for one half - some questions on contestability and things, and then maybe a 25 marker to the extent of “evaluate the macroeconomic and microeconomic impacts of failure in the financial markets”?

Notable that (as far as I can recall) balance of payments was entirely absent from Paper 2. Labour markets and market structure weren’t asked much, but they did at least get some time, which is more than the BoP got. Worth watching I reckon.
Reply 8
has anyone here bought the predicted papers . tom farber
Reply 9
Original post by holyguac
has anyone here bought the predicted papers . tom farber

Double this - if anyone has the 25 markers from those papers that would be soo appreciated
Reply 10
any predictions??

definitely think labour market
Reply 11
Basically all the big topics are defo coming up cause I think they usually assess most of the spec through the 3 papers.
is labour markets the biggest prediction
Reply 13
if market structures or labour market doesn’t come up what was the point in me doing y13 micro lol. was expecting way more of that in paper 1
Reply 14
Original post by m184
if market structures or labour market doesn’t come up what was the point in me doing y13 micro lol. was expecting way more of that in paper 1

Theory of the firm is a top choice
Alongside either labour market
Exchange rate financial market
Inequality or poverty
Reply 15
Original post by amui234
Inequality or poverty

ahhh ok, praying financial markets essay doesn’t come up i was never taught it and it doesn’t stick
Original post by amui234
Inequality or poverty

Tutor2u is doing free livestreams on YouTube for labour markets, exchange rates and inequality. They’re absolutely fantastic, really worth checking out! The first one is at 13:00 today on the labour market I believe.
Original post by amui234
Inequality or poverty

i think this is very likely! none of business objectives and market structure came up apart from the 5 marker.. so i feel like these are hot topics for paper 3. really hope regulation of monpolies does not come up. like rpi-x
I don't think that would come up as paper 1 was heavy w govt intervention

Original post by ade123456789
i think this is very likely! none of business objectives and market structure came up apart from the 5 marker.. so i feel like these are hot topics for paper 3. really hope regulation of monpolies does not come up. like rpi-x
Reply 19
Also look at externalities and basically the whole of theme 3 . There are also inflation and unemployment to look ath

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending