The Student Room Group

Yr 9 options

I picked my options a couple of months ago, and I’m regretting a couple of the subjects I picked. Mainly that I want to take art instead of media studies. What do I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Bagpuss567
I picked my options a couple of months ago, and I’m regretting a couple of the subjects I picked. Mainly that I want to take art instead of media studies. What do I do?

This happened to me In Year 9, just email your head of year and hopefully they can change it for you. Just be sure about what you want to study instead, because I remember regretting one of the changes I made. You could also check the grade boundaries for each of the subjects (if you know your exam board), as that's something else I wish I considered rather than just the content itself.
Original post by Bagpuss567

If you want to change subjects, you can email your head of year ( as @exssm said) or email the person who organises your timetables (it could be a deputy head or slt or something) and ask them if you could change. I think most schools only start making timetables after the half-term so you still have about a week.
If you can't, you can still talk to someone in year 10 if you aren't enjoying one of your subjects, although you'd have to do it pretty early so you can still catch up as well.
Reply 3
Original post by exssm
This happened to me In Year 9, just email your head of year and hopefully they can change it for you. Just be sure about what you want to study instead, because I remember regretting one of the changes I made. You could also check the grade boundaries for each of the subjects (if you know your exam board), as that's something else I wish I considered rather than just the content itself.

Thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest