The Student Room Group

resitting a -levels for medicine?

i might want to resit my a-levels for psych,biology and chem. I am currently taking them but i feel as if i'm not going to get the grades this summer. I am aware some medical schools dont accept resit student.
I wanted to ask which medical schools in the UK do?
Original post by V3N0Mxx
i might want to resit my a-levels for psych,biology and chem. I am currently taking them but i feel as if i'm not going to get the grades this summer. I am aware some medical schools dont accept resit student.

Hi there,

First of all, don’t be so doubtful!!, you don’t know how well or how bad you have done cause it’s not results day yet and who knows you could surprise yourself. Always remember that when you go into exams as long as you have tried your best then that’s all that matters and I really hope you don’t plan for the worst when the worst hasn’t happened!!

But to answer your question, university’s like Exeter and Nottingham accept resits for medicine. Just such up schools that accept resits and it should come up :smile:

All the best
Original post by V3N0Mxx

Hi,
I had the same worries when I sat my A-levels last year for bio and chem and then I did end up resitting- which I will be doing this year. Not because I wasn't capable but because every paper that I did and thought I got "bad" on made me worry more and then do worse on the ones after it. When I got my papers back, the ones I was so sure I failed on (paper 1s), were actually the ones where I was getting high but then the others pulled me down. My advice is to not let them put you down. It does more damage than good. Every day you spend revising counts for something and if you believe you did badly on a paper, its not over yet, please don't make the mistake I made last year! and dont listen to people who say that you won't be able to achieve your desired grade, noone and I mean NOONE knows your true potential except for yourself!
Reply 3
Original post by V3N0Mxx

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6649138
Reply 4
Original post by emmyisthebest01
Hi,
I had the same worries when I sat my A-levels last year for bio and chem and then I did end up resitting- which I will be doing this year. Not because I wasn't capable but because every paper that I did and thought I got "bad" on made me worry more and then do worse on the ones after it. When I got my papers back, the ones I was so sure I failed on (paper 1s), were actually the ones where I was getting high but then the others pulled me down. My advice is to not let them put you down. It does more damage than good. Every day you spend revising counts for something and if you believe you did badly on a paper, its not over yet, please don't make the mistake I made last year! and dont listen to people who say that you won't be able to achieve your desired grade, noone and I mean NOONE knows your true potential except for yourself!

Hi I probably be resting my a levels but I am not sure about the whole process of paying etc. could you let me lmk how you went about applying for resitting please
Reply 5

Heya GANFYD,
thanks a lot for the link to the thread. Had a look at the list, and wanted to ask for the medical school which have requirements on the first sitting of a-levels, I would need to meet those so then I can then apply with my resit predicted grades? If I don't meet them, I would be auto rejected?
Reply 6
Original post by V3N0Mxx
Heya GANFYD,
thanks a lot for the link to the thread. Had a look at the list, and wanted to ask for the medical school which have requirements on the first sitting of a-levels, I would need to meet those so then I can then apply with my resit predicted grades? If I don't meet them, I would be auto rejected?

Yes, unless there are ExCircs or possibly WP flags
Reply 7
Original post by V3N0Mxx

hey i/m in the exact same situation as you, i did those subjects too and didn't do good, are you resitting and thinking about reapplying to med?
Reply 8
Original post by Studylearner
Hi there,

First of all, don’t be so doubtful!!, you don’t know how well or how bad you have done cause it’s not results day yet and who knows you could surprise yourself. Always remember that when you go into exams as long as you have tried your best then that’s all that matters and I really hope you don’t plan for the worst when the worst hasn’t happened!!

But to answer your question, university’s like Exeter and Nottingham accept resits for medicine. Just such up schools that accept resits and it should come up :smile:

All the best

hey im someone else whos in the same situation to the person u replied too, i saw your lovely response and just wondered if u did medicine or resat, and if so i have a few questions if u dont mind

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending