The Student Room Group

tired and burnt out during exams

i've spent so much time revising and studying during most of year 11, getting amazing grades for my mocks and class tests. but now that it's actually GCSE period, i feel so mentally tired and burnt out. i can barely sit down and revise since my brain will feel like sludge. there's barely any time to relax and let my head rest because i just really need to revise for the next exam and so on.

any tips to cope?
Original post by neresettia
i've spent so much time revising and studying during most of year 11, getting amazing grades for my mocks and class tests. but now that it's actually GCSE period, i feel so mentally tired and burnt out. i can barely sit down and revise since my brain will feel like sludge. there's barely any time to relax and let my head rest because i just really need to revise for the next exam and so on.

any tips to cope?

Hi @neresettia,

I know how you feel. I was the same when I sat my GCSEs.
My best advice for you right now as you're in the middle of all of your exams would be to not forget about the simple things. Eat, get a good night's sleep, take care of yourself and wind down at the end of your day, especially after an exam day.

You seem to be very hardworking and all the knowledge you have that got you amazing mock grades won't have disappeared. If you're wanting to revise before your upcoming exams, I'd recommend doing quick bursts of revision for about 20 minutes, then taking a short break, so that you don't spend hours revising and tiring yourself out even more.

And also try to start planning some nice things for the summer with family or friends, as you're almost there and it'll help if you have things to look forward to.

Be kind to yourself, you're doing amazing and good luck with the rest of your exams!

Emily
Student Ambassador at Birmingham City University
Reply 2
thanks

Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @neresettia,

I know how you feel. I was the same when I sat my GCSEs.
My best advice for you right now as you're in the middle of all of your exams would be to not forget about the simple things. Eat, get a good night's sleep, take care of yourself and wind down at the end of your day, especially after an exam day.

You seem to be very hardworking and all the knowledge you have that got you amazing mock grades won't have disappeared. If you're wanting to revise before your upcoming exams, I'd recommend doing quick bursts of revision for about 20 minutes, then taking a short break, so that you don't spend hours revising and tiring yourself out even more.

And also try to start planning some nice things for the summer with family or friends, as you're almost there and it'll help if you have things to look forward to.

Be kind to yourself, you're doing amazing and good luck with the rest of your exams!

Emily
Student Ambassador at Birmingham City University

thanks so much!! i needed this :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest