The Student Room Group

Little motivation to revise.

I understand that this is no one’s problem but my own.

I have three A Level exams next week, and I know that I won’t do well in at least two of them. I haven’t revised enough for them because I lack the motivation to do so. I do maybe 2 hours of revision a day at most.

Luckily, I have no plans of going to uni any time soon to prevent myself from catalysing a mental breakdown, so I’m not that worried.

At the moment, I’m struggling with my gender identity. It’s difficult to think of much else; all I tend to think about is how I have no happy future because of it. I imagine i’m depressed or something too, because I can’t concentrate, I feel sad/empty a lot and I’m constantly tired. As a result, I haven’t seen much point in doing well in my exams, because I won’t be happy anyway. I might not even last long enough to see it pay off.

I’m just sick of school at the moment. It never feels like I’m working for myself but for other people, specifically the teachers I feel like I’m letting down by being too depressed to revise. That’s the only reason that I feel bad about not doing well.

I feel unfulfilled in all facets of my life. I’m burnt out from school, I don’t go out with my friends, I’m not able to be openly myself.

I might be alright once the stress of school has finished. Hopefully. At this point, I’ll take EEE if it’ll just stop.
Best solution for this is to take the pressure off yourself

Commit to 10 minutes only - get your books/laptop out and set a stopwatch/alarm. After 10 minutes you can stop and repeat the next day.

The build on this - this will be much easier to do as you have already initiated the task and will probably want to continue past the 10 minutes.

Quick Reply

Latest