The Student Room Group

CIE A level computer science

I’m an independent student, so I have not been able to talk to anyone about the CIE papers for computer science.
I think I did absolutely terrible, anyone else?
Reply 1
Same. How did your paper 4 go?
Reply 2
Original post by alammm

Uhm, not great
I forgot how to write records and stuff - mind blanked
How did you save the class data?
I didn’t know how to differentiate managers from employees very well so I just had to write concept code 🥲
I had ideas but i knew it wasn’t what they would want me to do
Reply 3
Original post by alammm

Just googled how to make a record and I was actually in the right track, but second guessed myself
Reply 4
Paper 4 was easy, probably only lose 1 mark as I found out I uploaded wrong screenshot in the last second
Reply 5
Which paper are you guys talking about. I did paper 43 and it went well for me.
Reply 6
I am going to be doing exams next year
I can't find any good resources for comp sci cie a level
Do you have any suggestions for websites
Reply 7
Hey
It's really hard to find resources but there are a few youtube channels that can help you.
Also, I'd recommend doing a lot of past papers, the earlier you start the better. The format is very similar for all the papers and once you get used to how the questions are they won't be as difficult. I do wish I had practised paper 4 (The practical exam) a lot more.
Here are some names of the Youtube channels:
-Craig'n'Dave
-Computer Science
-MrBrownCS
-Erb Computer Science
Also, keep in mind that the specification has changed so there are old spec past papers and new spec.
Lastly, print out the specification and make sure you know everything on it. The specification is quite detailed so that's quite useful. Don't be discouraged by it being long because it does repeat itself. Use the specification like a checklist and make sure you know your content well.
Do a lot of practice with pseudocode too, I tried to find worksheets for it to practice but I could not.
I believe there is something on a website called SaveMyExams but I've never tried it for CS.
Hope this helps:wink:
Original post by Badoozer77
I am going to be doing exams next year
I can't find any good resources for comp sci cie a level
Do you have any suggestions for websites

Quick Reply

Latest