The Student Room Group

CIE A level computer science

I'm a student from South Korea studying for the A Levels. I've completed the CIE AS Level Computer Science exams, Paper 1 and Paper 2, and am planning to take the A Level exams in the summer of 2024. As far as I know from the curriculum, I only need to take Paper 3 and 4 for the A Levels. However, when I tried to register for the exam, there were multiple options available.

CX - Papers: 31,41,97 (Carry Forward AS mark from November Series - please contact the centre) (November Series Only)
V BQ - Papers: 31,41,88 (Carry Forward AS mark from Summer Series - please contact the centre) (November Series Only)
CT - Papers: 32, 42, 97 (Carry forward AS mark from November Series - please contact the centre) (Has a practical assessment) (Summer Series Only)
BY - Papers 32,42,88 (Carry forward AS mark from Summer series - please contact the centre) (Summer Series Only)

Can you explain what the numbers 88 and 97 represent among the given Paper numbers? Are there additional exams involved? Or is it something I'm unaware of?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest