The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Preparing for diagnostic radiography

Hi everyone, in the summer I’m wanting to get everything I need for uni prepared but I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to need - I’m going to study diagnostic radiography at Bradford for context.
Will I need a laptop for this course? I’ll be living at home where I have a computer but will I need to bring in a laptop to lectures or will pen and paper be fine?
Will I need to buy any textbooks in advance or will we be told what to buy once we’re there?

Thanks for your help!
Original post by abs982
Hi everyone, in the summer I’m wanting to get everything I need for uni prepared but I’m not sure exactly what I’m going to need - I’m going to study diagnostic radiography at Bradford for context.
Will I need a laptop for this course? I’ll be living at home where I have a computer but will I need to bring in a laptop to lectures or will pen and paper be fine?
Will I need to buy any textbooks in advance or will we be told what to buy once we’re there?

Thanks for your help!

Hey @abs982 :smile:

It's great to hear you're being so organised! I've emailed the Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography and asked him these questions, so I'll get back to you as soon as I receive a reply.

Becky
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Reply 2
Original post by University of Bradford

It's great to hear you're being so organised! I've emailed the Lecturer in Diagnostic Radiography and asked him these questions, so I'll get back to you as soon as I receive a reply.

Becky

Thank you so much!
Original post by abs982
Thank you so much!

I've received a reply from David, the lecturer, who has kindly informed me that students are usually strongly advised to own a laptop for the course, but they will not be required to attend all lectures with them. The University has a laptop loan scheme which students can benefit from. You can find more information about this here.

Pen and notepads/books will be fine except where portfolios/ workbooks for reflective record keeping will be provided by the department.

A list of textbooks will be given during induction in September. Some are recommended as core text which students may wish to own. However, they are all available at the University Library to loan if unable to purchase any.

I hope this helps :smile:

Becky
Reply 4
Original post by University of Bradford

I've received a reply from David, the lecturer, who has kindly informed me that students are usually strongly advised to own a laptop for the course, but they will not be required to attend all lectures with them. The University has a laptop loan scheme which students can benefit from. You can find more information about this here.

Pen and notepads/books will be fine except where portfolios/ workbooks for reflective record keeping will be provided by the department.

A list of textbooks will be given during induction in September. Some are recommended as core text which students may wish to own. However, they are all available at the University Library to loan if unable to purchase any.

I hope this helps :smile:

Becky

That is really helpful, thank you Becky!
Reply 5
radiographic image analysis mcquillen martensen is a great start!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending