The Student Room Group

How to answer scenarios in nhs uni interview

Hii i have two interviews coming up for diagnostic radiography and my tutor told me they are likely to ask at least one scenario question; but I’m really nervous that i won’t be able to answer them on the spot or I just won’t know what to say. Any advice?? I feel like this will be my downfall in the interview 😭
Original post by berrybeom
Hii i have two interviews coming up for diagnostic radiography and my tutor told me they are likely to ask at least one scenario question; but I’m really nervous that i won’t be able to answer them on the spot or I just won’t know what to say. Any advice?? I feel like this will be my downfall in the interview 😭

Try and relate your answers to the NHS values and 6 Cs of care. :smile:
Reply 2
Scenario questions are just there to test your thought process. For band 5 interview typically the scenarios will be based around some or all of the following:

prioritising workload

infection control

moving and handling

health and safety (faulty equipment)

patient care/dignity/respect/compassion

confidentiality

communication with patients/colleagues

managing conflict

when your responsibility ends and you need to escalate issues to senior radiographers

dose reduction techniques

improving image quality

It shouldn't be anything too tricky, it should be easy enough for you to answer, the difficulty is getting your thought process out in words rather than silent in your head.
Original post by FXX
Scenario questions are just there to test your thought process. For band 5 interview typically the scenarios will be based around some or all of the following:

prioritising workload

infection control

moving and handling

health and safety (faulty equipment)

patient care/dignity/respect/compassion

confidentiality

communication with patients/colleagues

managing conflict

when your responsibility ends and you need to escalate issues to senior radiographers

dose reduction techniques

improving image quality

It shouldn't be anything too tricky, it should be easy enough for you to answer, the difficulty is getting your thought process out in words rather than silent in your head.

The OPs applying to uni :smile:
Hey, :smile:

Scenario questions can feel like a trick question however, the interviewer just wants to know how you would deal in that situation. The main thing to demonstrate is that you are caring and would be able to handle the situation in a mature way.

Not every university will ask you a scenario question so don't stress. However, ensure that you prepare yourself in case they do.

To find out some top tips for an interview check out this post: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7418316

I hope this helps and good luck with you Diagnostic Radiography Interview :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by normaw
The OPs applying to uni :smile:

Derp, thanks 🤦*♂️

Quick Reply

Latest