The Student Room Group

Radiography or Pharmacy?

Hi guys, I'm somewhat in a dilemma here. I will be starting Uni in Sept this year and I had exclusively applied for Pharmacy at all of my 5 Universities. However, I got places from 3 of them and they're all offering me a place but with a foundation year.

The thought of spending 5 years in Uni eats me up as I want to get on with my life asap. So, lately, I have been gravitating towards Radiography and it has been an appealing option for me as I kept on researching it and now I don't know which option to take as my qualifications can also take me that way. What's your advice on this? Please help!
Original post by Hananiahzw
Hi guys, I'm somewhat in a dilemma here. I will be starting Uni in Sept this year and I had exclusively applied for Pharmacy at all of my 5 Universities. However, I got places from 3 of them and they're all offering me a place but with a foundation year.

The thought of spending 5 years in Uni eats me up as I want to get on with my life asap. So, lately, I have been gravitating towards Radiography and it has been an appealing option for me as I kept on researching it and now I don't know which option to take as my qualifications can also take me that way. What's your advice on this? Please help!

There's still time to apply for radiography through UCAS Extra if you a prepared to drop the three offers you have. If you search radiography on UCAS and add the filter 'Show courses with vacancies', a lot of courses are still showing as available (but do check directly with the uni before you apply as UCAS isn't always up to date).

Are you interested in diagnostic or therapeutic radiography? Do you have any public facing work/volunteering experience and are you aware of the NHS values? These are important for your application.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices
Reply 2
Thank you Norma for your response. I am particularly interested in Diagnostic Radiography and yes I do have experience in working with the public. On a different note though, what are the odds of getting a place at a university during clearance?
Thank you Norma for your response. I am particularly interested in Diagnostic Radiography and yes I do have experience in working with the public. On a different note though, what are the odds of getting a place at a university during clearance?

Last year there were quite a few unis in clearing for DR: Birmingham City, UWE, Sheffield Hallam, Cumbria, Derby, Leeds, Suffolk, Cardiff, Herts, St George, City and Portsmouth. Although this doesn't mean it will be the same this year, it's likely that some unis will be in this year. Your odds of getting a place will depend on if you meet their entry requirements and probably an interview.

I also have a place to study pharma with foundation year but just like u I too want to get on with my life and not be stuck in a course for half a decade!

I have called a lot of unis. Three of them said an academic or an admission advisor will call me back to talk to me about the course etc.

One has put me on a waiting list.

So just call as many unis as u can.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending