The Student Room Group

Edexcel igcse History Paper 2 Essay Help?

Ok, so paper 2 is coming up after half term...
I'm really struggling with how to format the essays on paper 2, particularly the source essay. Does anyone have any essay plans (and tips) they could share?
Reply 1
For comparing the sources my teacher taught me a very specific way which helped me score full marks in the mocks. First, when answering how useful the sources are, you must say “they are very useful”. You must also add in some of your own knowledge and if you’re unsure, make up plausible statistics.
Which themes are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by Csnelli1006
For comparing the sources my teacher taught me a very specific way which helped me score full marks in the mocks. First, when answering how useful the sources are, you must say “they are very useful”. You must also add in some of your own knowledge and if you’re unsure, make up plausible statistics.
Which themes are you doing?

Thanks so much!
I'm doing Changes in Medicine c1848-1948 and The USA 1918-41
I know not many people do those, but ig its more essay structure i find hard- for the others its intro, then a para on each of the points mentioned in the question, then one other, and then conclusion. For the source one, how do you structure it in terms of paragraphs...like a para on each of the sources, or on different points, like agreeing/disagreeing with the interpretation given
:redface:
Reply 3
I am doing Elizabethan England and Native Americans. :frown: Following on from the sources question, what works for me and what makes the most sense in my opinion is doing an introduction(Line of reasoning), a paragraph to agree and a paragraph to disagree then a conclusion. For the conclusion you tend to get extra marks for summing up what you’ve written as well as also bringing in new points so you’re not just repeating what you’ve already said. I will have a look at some notes my teacher has given me as it is quite late and I am shattered. Will get back tomorrow! x

Original post by Musician120
Thanks so much!
I'm doing Changes in Medicine c1848-1948 and The USA 1918-41
I know not many people do those, but ig its more essay structure i find hard- for the others its intro, then a para on each of the points mentioned in the question, then one other, and then conclusion. For the source one, how do you structure it in terms of paragraphs...like a para on each of the sources, or on different points, like agreeing/disagreeing with the interpretation given
:redface:
Reply 4
Original post by Csnelli1006
I am doing Elizabethan England and Native Americans. :frown: Following on from the sources question, what works for me and what makes the most sense in my opinion is doing an introduction(Line of reasoning), a paragraph to agree and a paragraph to disagree then a conclusion. For the conclusion you tend to get extra marks for summing up what you’ve written as well as also bringing in new points so you’re not just repeating what you’ve already said. I will have a look at some notes my teacher has given me as it is quite late and I am shattered. Will get back tomorrow! x

Thanks so much :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest