The Student Room Group

2023 GCSE Exam Cram

Hi guys!

It's not long left until our GCSE's begin, so i'm going to record how much revision I do here everyday. You are free to add yours as well and we can all help and motivate each other in our revision.

Also, for maths my exam board is Edexcel and for some reason I can't achieve above a 6. In our recent mocks I achieved a 7 but that was only because paper 3 was amazing, but even then my paper 1 and paper 2 were grade 6. I'm sitting at quite a average/high grade 6 around 43-44 and i'm aiming for a 7 so if anyone has some last minute support i'd really appreciate it!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by OhIt'sJustMe
Hi guys!

It's not long left until our GCSE's begin, so i'm going to record how much revision I do here everyday. You are free to add yours as well and we can all help and motivate each other in our revision.

Also, for maths my exam board is Edexcel and for some reason I can't achieve above a 6. In our recent mocks I achieved a 7 but that was only because paper 3 was amazing, but even then my paper 1 and paper 2 were grade 6. I'm sitting at quite a average/high grade 6 around 43-44 and i'm aiming for a 7 so if anyone has some last minute support i'd really appreciate it!

‘The GCSE Maths tutor’ on you tube is an excellent resource, i use that channel too. And just do past papers.
I'll check the channel out! I have used it before but only during mock exam weeks, but i'll definitely use it more often.

Thank you!
Reply 3
I'm hoping to do german speaking revision, corrbet maths 5 a day, biology organisation and some english hw. :smile:
I'm going to do some Biology topic 6 questions and computer science topic questions today! Good luck with your revision, everyone!
Hi guys!

Heya!
Just as extra advice, if it helps, Study Mind has free resources you can use for your revision!

Good luck!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Hi guys,

Yesterday I done some Urdu speaking practice, and went over bits of chemistry and physics!

Today I have completed biology paper 1 recap and exam practice. I wish I done some more but I hope to do some maths and Urdu by the end of today!

How's everyone's revision going?
Good luck

I'll check the channel out! I have used it before but only during mock exam weeks, but i'll definitely use it more often.

Thank you!
37 days and stressed
Original post by oursgrace
37 days and stressed

Yep we haven't got long left.

Do you feel ready?
Hi guys,

Yesterday I done some Urdu speaking practice, and went over bits of chemistry and physics!

Today I have completed biology paper 1 recap and exam practice. I wish I done some more but I hope to do some maths and Urdu by the end of today!

How's everyone's revision going?

Ooh! It's cool that you're learning Urdu! How are you finding that? My revision's going well, I'm procrastinating less than usual :smile:
Original post by scar-the-queen
Ooh! It's cool that you're learning Urdu! How are you finding that? My revision's going well, I'm procrastinating less than usual :smile:

I regret picking it :frown:

Urdu has really high grade boundaries because a large majority of the students speak the language or a language similar at home so are familiar with the vocab and pick it up really quick but unfortunately I don't so its much harder for me to stay at the level of others.

What language do you do?
Ps. How did you get yourself to start being more productive?
I regret picking it :frown:

Urdu has really high grade boundaries because a large majority of the students speak the language or a language similar at home so are familiar with the vocab and pick it up really quick but unfortunately I don't so its much harder for me to stay at the level of others.

What language do you do?

Oh no, I get what you mean. I'm sure with enough effort, though, you'll be able to get high grades! Also, I do Spanish!
Yep we haven't got long left.

Do you feel ready?

no :frown:
Ps. How did you get yourself to start being more productive?

I get my parents to mark the practice questions I do. If I don't study, I don't do the practice questions. If I don't do the practice questions, my parents have nothing to mark. Then, they ask me why I'm not studying. Sometimes I need a little push and my parents have been supportive.

neither do i, it feels like they're so soon!

Aw
Don't worry you aren't alone! Many people feel the same, we just have to use this last month as best as possible!
Original post by scar-the-queen
I get my parents to mark the practice questions I do. If I don't study, I don't do the practice questions. If I don't do the practice questions, my parents have nothing to mark. Then, they ask me why I'm not studying. Sometimes I need a little push and my parents have been supportive.

That's really clever! I might ask my brothers to do that for me.
That's really clever! I might ask my brothers to do that for me.

Yep, and the mark schemes are pretty clear so it should be easy to mark irregardless of a person having studied that subject. Obviously essay based subjects are a bit more difficult to mark so my parents don't mark those.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest