The Student Room Group

taking digitial notes with goodnotes for gcse

hi, ive been taking notes using my ipad for gcse
im in yr 10. should i print them out? i do a cornell note format for each sub-topic (e.g one freesciencelesson video)
Reply 1
It depends. Why do you want to print them out? If you're going to go through them then fair enough, because having a tangible object to look through and place at different places for recall could help. But if you can trust yourself to look through the notes in digital form then maybe that could be better because it's all in one place. Also depending on how many notes you have it could be a hassle to print out.

However that being said, some notes I've made on my Ipad I haven't looked back on since they were created so whatever you think is best, I personally like to keep it digital but everyone works differently. Sorry if this didn't really answer your question lmao.
Original post by gcsehelp1232
hi, ive been taking notes using my ipad for gcse
im in yr 10. should i print them out? i do a cornell note format for each sub-topic (e.g one freesciencelesson video)

It depends on what works for you - but it might be a hassle printing out every single page of notes and organising through them all. It might help to summarise an entire topic for science, for example, I usually summarise the entire topic (like bioenergetics) onto an A4 page using the spec.
The reason why I suggest condensing info further is because, by the time you get into year 11, you might feel overwhelmed with the amount of notes of sub topics you have.
With that being said, if you can still manage to organise and not get overwhelmed for every page of notes, then that's fine.
Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by *LifeHappens*
It depends on what works for you - but it might be a hassle printing out every single page of notes and organising through them all. It might help to summarise an entire topic for science, for example, I usually summarise the entire topic (like bioenergetics) onto an A4 page using the spec.
The reason why I suggest condensing info further is because, by the time you get into year 11, you might feel overwhelmed with the amount of notes of sub topics you have.
With that being said, if you can still manage to organise and not get overwhelmed for every page of notes, then that's fine.
Good luck!

Should I use google docs to do this
Reply 4
Original post by Ezekiel M
It depends. Why do you want to print them out? If you're going to go through them then fair enough, because having a tangible object to look through and place at different places for recall could help. But if you can trust yourself to look through the notes in digital form then maybe that could be better because it's all in one place. Also depending on how many notes you have it could be a hassle to print out.

However that being said, some notes I've made on my Ipad I haven't looked back on since they were created so whatever you think is best, I personally like to keep it digital but everyone works differently. Sorry if this didn't really answer your question lmao.

did you not need to read the notes?
Should I use google docs to do this

If you want to do it online, then maybe stick to goodnotes because of the good features.
Just to prevent you from getting overwhelmed with all the amount of notes, instead of summarising sub-topics, try summarising entire topics onto 2 or 3 pages - always use the spec!
Reply 6
Original post by *LifeHappens*
If you want to do it online, then maybe stick to goodnotes because of the good features.
Just to prevent you from getting overwhelmed with all the amount of notes, instead of summarising sub-topics, try summarising entire topics onto 2 or 3 pages - always use the spec!

Do you have any summarised notes?
Do you have any summarised notes?

Yeah, but it's for combined science, I'm not doing triple just yet
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest