The Student Room Group

Difference between Religious Studies A and Religious Studies B

As a follow up from my previous post, I keep seeing religious studies A and B as separate, what's the difference between the two?

(Sorry if it's a silly question)
Reply 1
If you're on about AQA - Section A - First paper is assessed on 2 different religions and paper 2 is assessed on 4 out of the 6 philosophical topics allowing you to talk about any of the big six religions.

Section B however - Paper 1 is all about Catholic Christianity and paper 2 is about Islam or Judaism and 2/3 philosophical themes again allowing you to talk about any of the big six religions.

I would assume Section B is mostly for Catholic/Christian schools but Section A and Section B are both different specifications of Religious Studies that a school can teach.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by w_a123
If you're on about AQA - Section A - First paper is assessed on 2 different religions and paper 2 is assessed on 4 out of the 6 philosophical topics allowing you to talk about any of the big six religions.

Section B however - Paper 1 is all about Catholic Christianity and paper 2 is about Islam or Judaism and 2/3 philosophical themes again allowing you to talk about any of the big six religions.

I would assume Section B is mostly for Catholic/Christian schools but Section A and Section B are both different specifications of Religious Studies that a school can teach.

Hope this helps!

Ah ok thanks so much! Have a good weekend

Quick Reply

Latest