The Student Room Group

Do I have to resit my exam in the summer even if I did good on the coursework?

I'm a first year FYI. So for one of my modules I got a 72% on the total coursework, and my exam is tomorrow but I know I'm going to fail. Each component (the coursework and exam) are weighted at 50% but I need a 40% mean on the whole module to pass. I did the math and for the coursework that's already 36 points (72*0.5) so if I get extremely low on tomorrows exam, as long as I get 4 or more points from it I will surpass the 40% mean to pass the whole module. I'm wondering, even if I pass the minimum mean for the whole module, do I still have to resit the exam in the summer?

My uni is University of Brighton and I'm studying biomed
Reply 1
Original post by ana_biomedical
I'm a first year FYI. So for one of my modules I got a 72% on the total coursework, and my exam is tomorrow but I know I'm going to fail. Each component (the coursework and exam) are weighted at 50% but I need a 40% mean on the whole module to pass. I did the math and for the coursework that's already 36 points (72*0.5) so if I get extremely low on tomorrows exam, as long as I get 4 or more points from it I will surpass the 40% mean to pass the whole module. I'm wondering, even if I pass the minimum mean for the whole module, do I still have to resit the exam in the summer?

My uni is University of Brighton and I'm studying biomed

You usually need to get above 30/35% on each part- check the handbook
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
You usually need to get above 30/35% on each part- check the handbook

yeah i checked, it's a different passing mark for each module. For my semester 1 exams the minimum was 30% like you said but for these it's 40%. Anyway I'm definitely getting way below either of those tomorrow- i'm just wondering if my high coursework will get me out of a resit..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending