The Student Room Group

Pass to Merit?

I got my grades in August and ended up getting a Pass in my BTEC which i’m definitely not happy with however i had a lot of medical things happening during sixth form so in which i tried my best to complete all the coursework and exams. I came out with passes in my coursework as well as exams which i know isn’t good, however i was wondering if i re took all my BTEC exams and brought out a M/D i would come out with an Overall Merit? I know i sound like im reaching for the stars right now but all i need is one Merit to get into my first choice uni next year since i did really well in my A levels.

Or if anyone has a better suggestion to this that would be great or if there isn’t a way around it!
Reply 1
Original post by Azuuree382
I got my grades in August and ended up getting a Pass in my BTEC which i’m definitely not happy with however i had a lot of medical things happening during sixth form so in which i tried my best to complete all the coursework and exams. I came out with passes in my coursework as well as exams which i know isn’t good, however i was wondering if i re took all my BTEC exams and brought out a M/D i would come out with an Overall Merit? I know i sound like im reaching for the stars right now but all i need is one Merit to get into my first choice uni next year since i did really well in my A levels.

Or if anyone has a better suggestion to this that would be great or if there isn’t a way around it!

I think just re do the BTEC course and since you are okay now I hope you are well try your best and do it again and hopefully you get the grade you want

best wishes
Original post by QueenOla
I think just re do the BTEC course and since you are okay now I hope you are well try your best and do it again and hopefully you get the grade you want

best wishes

You can't just redo a BTeC course.
Original post by Azuuree382

If you resit the exams and get higher grades this will increase your overall points, but it might still be insufficient to get a Merit. What subject and what size is your course (Ext cert, Diploma, Ext Diploma etc)?
Reply 4
Original post by bamtutor
You can't just redo a BTeC course.

What I meant is to do a BTEC Course and you can resit a btec course students in my school did that
Original post by QueenOla
What I meant is to do a BTEC Course and you can resit a btec course students in my school did that

The OP has done a BTEC course but didnt get the grade they wanted. They can resit the exams. Whilst doing the course they could resubmit coursework to improve grades, but this could only have been done at the time. Once you have finished a BTEC you cannot just resit the same one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending