The Student Room Group

Didn’t turn up to resit

I did first attempt of an exam but I failed it so I was allowed to take a resit which was yesterday but I wasn’t able to attend it. Now the late summer assessment period has also ended but if I don’t take this exam there’s a high chance I’ll fail this module and fail the whole course. But at the same time i am very ashamed to ask them to allow me another date any soon as I missed first attempt (due to EC) then I went to the exam during next opportunity but failed it then I agreed to a date with the module lead which was yesterday but I didn’t turn up.
If I don’t get 60% in the coursework essay I’ll fail this module and fail the whole course. The average mark in coursework essay of other students is 56% so there’s a chance I might not get 60% as the average is below 60%
Original post by Anonymous
I did first attempt of an exam but I failed it so I was allowed to take a resit which was yesterday but I wasn’t able to attend it. Now the late summer assessment period has also ended but if I don’t take this exam there’s a high chance I’ll fail this module and fail the whole course. But at the same time i am very ashamed to ask them to allow me another date any soon as I missed first attempt (due to EC) then I went to the exam during next opportunity but failed it then I agreed to a date with the module lead which was yesterday but I didn’t turn up.
If I don’t get 60% in the coursework essay I’ll fail this module and fail the whole course. The average mark in coursework essay of other students is 56% so there’s a chance I might not get 60% as the average is below 60%

So, to recap:
You missed the first opportunity to take this exam, due to extenuating circumstances.
You sat the exam later, but failed.
You were then given a third opportunity to take/pass the exam yesterday but you say, "I wasn’t able to attend" and "didn’t turn up".

Your use of the phases "wasn’t able to attend" and "didn’t turn up" don't make it sound like the resit opportunity you were offered yesterday was a particularly high priority for you. What were you busy doing instead?

I don't see that you have any alternative but to speak with your module lead again and ask for a another opportunity to take/pass this exam. You may have exhausted your opportunities already, unfortunately. It would depend on why you didn't turn-up yesterday, I suspect.
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
So, to recap:
You missed the first opportunity to take this exam, due to extenuating circumstances.
You sat the exam later, but failed.
You were then given a third opportunity to take/pass the exam yesterday but you say, "I wasn’t able to attend" and "didn’t turn up".

Your use of the phases "wasn’t able to attend" and "didn’t turn up" don't make it sound like the resit opportunity you were offered yesterday was a particularly high priority for you. What were you busy doing instead?

I don't see that you have any alternative but to speak with your module lead again and ask for a another opportunity to take/pass this exam. You may have exhausted your opportunities already, unfortunately. It would depend on why you didn't turn-up yesterday, I suspect.

I had extenuating circumstances even yesterday and it was extremely important for me but due to being very unwell I wasn’t prepared and thought I’ll fail again so didn’t turn up
Original post by Anonymous
I had extenuating circumstances even yesterday and it was extremely important for me but due to being very unwell I wasn’t prepared and thought I’ll fail again so didn’t turn up

OK. That that's what you need to explain to your module lead.
Anon,

Depending on your extenuating circumstances, it might be an idea to think about whether these might also impact your ability to study this year.

Talk to your tutor and take some time to reflect before making any decisions.

Hope things get better for you soon.

All the best,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending