The Student Room Group

English GCSE revision for grade 9 student

Hello,

I am just wondering whether Seneca for GCSE English Literature is a good resource. I am aiming for a grade 9, but really do not know how to revise.

1. Is Seneca good to get a 9?
2. How is the best way to revise to get a 9 for GCSE?

Thank you guys so much!
Please may people who have achieved a 9 in GCSE English Lit answer Q2, but also people who know how to revise for GCSE English Lit

I am really confused. This is the only subject I am quite unsure whether I will on get 9. I am almost certain 3 grade nines in the triple sciences, and my other subjects, but only English lit... ( I know I can achieve minimum of 8, but I really need that 9!)

Any help is truly appreciated!!
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by 20aneely123
Hello,

I am just wondering whether Seneca for GCSE English Literature is a good resource. I am aiming for a grade 9, but really do not know how to revise.

1. Is Seneca good to get a 9?
2. How is the best way to revise to get a 9 for GCSE?

Thank you guys so much!
Please may people who have achieved a 9 in GCSE English Lit answer Q2, but also people who know how to revise for GCSE English Lit

I am really confused. This is the only subject I am quite unsure whether I will on get 9. I am almost certain 3 grade nines in the triple sciences, and my other subjects, but only English lit... ( I know I can achieve minimum of 8, but I really need that 9!)

Any help is truly appreciated!!
no not really seneca won't guarantee a 9/ I'm not too sure on policy but even completing all of Seneca is a min of a 7.

it's about the quality of your essay, kinda like can you tell an effective story almost. by story I of course mean a good analysis, the characters who are relevant and much more.
Reply 2
Original post by jacksmith23
no not really seneca won't guarantee a 9/ I'm not too sure on policy but even completing all of Seneca is a min of a 7.
it's about the quality of your essay, kinda like can you tell an effective story almost. by story I of course mean a good analysis, the characters who are relevant and much more.

could using a few a level terms also help you get higher marks? like for Romeo and Juliet, our teacher taught us concepts like Hamartia and etc.
Original post by jg.10x
could using a few a level terms also help you get higher marks? like for Romeo and Juliet, our teacher taught us concepts like Hamartia and etc.

yes, but just using one word isn't going to make a change necessarily. it could be to the examiner you just plunked a word, your teacher said and compared to the rest of the essay its not the greatest. to get a 9 or higher marks, using more sophisticated vocabulary to describe characters it good. its about like I've said the quality and analysis of the essay in regards to a question. plus hamartia is talked about for gcse in a lot of schools, the word is also used for macbeth.
Reply 4
Original post by jacksmith23
yes, but just using one word isn't going to make a change necessarily. it could be to the examiner you just plunked a word, your teacher said and compared to the rest of the essay its not the greatest. to get a 9 or higher marks, using more sophisticated vocabulary to describe characters it good. its about like I've said the quality and analysis of the essay in regards to a question. plus hamartia is talked about for gcse in a lot of schools, the word is also used for macbeth.

oh ok, tysm!

Quick Reply

Latest