The Student Room Group

english lang paper 1

can anyone tell me if this 40 marker is good 🙏
The trembling shadows concealed me in a corner, writhing and contorting in the darkness.I sat there with sweat dripping down my body and the fumes of rotten corpses permeating into my nose.Blood was plastered onto the walls from the strong and spirited victims, the ones who tried to fight.The close cacophony of cackling clawed at my conscious,mimicking my muffled gasps of distress.All I could do was wait- wait until they found me and killed me.
A scream punctured through the hushed air.I attempted to scream but was met with silence from my mouth, as if an unknown entity had grasped my throat and knew what horrors awaited me.The screaming continued, but this time more silently.I clasped my ears and tried to ignore it.My eyes welled up with tears as the noise was suffocated to silence, and filled with the eerie sound of nothingness.They had gotten another.They always do.A bleeding wrench was thrown near me, and the cackling faded away.

Chains of numbness held my legs down, holding me captive in this fortress of hell.I don't know how long I've been here, but it already seems like a lifetime.I frantically looked around in the darkness for my water flask, but to no avail.I raised my frail body and skulked stealthily in search of my livelihood.There.My flask lay dormant in the centre of the cold abyss,waiting to return to me.I crept towards it and grabbed it.Relief washed over me as my parched body commanded me to drink.

Footsteps…

The flask fumbled out of my fingers.

BANG!

I glanced back and saw a man standing in the shadows,his face obscured by darkness.The cruel curve of his lips pierced the corners of his mouth as he grinned in anticipation of the kill.His eyes were cold and empty, like bottomless pits that threaten to swallow you whole.He caught a glimpse of me, and his expression completely changed. The veins in his neck bulged with barely-contained elation, and you could feel the intensity of his malevolent energy radiating off of him in waves.

One of them had found me. It was over.

I yelled.This time, it was entirely successful.With a dagger in hand, the man sprinted in my direction.I made an effort to move, but fear locked me in place.I turned to look at my corner and noticed someone else there hidden by the swaying shadows.This time, it was a younger woman with brilliant brown eyes that were terrified rather than filled with the normal excitement that we were used to.She most likely came here in the same way I did, curious about the building in the middle of nowhere.I mouthed "You can't escape" as a parting present to the following competitor.I was aware of what lay ahead for her: there is no way out.

Not even for the killers
bro that's amazing!
Reply 2
wowww thats so good!!!!!
but um maybe add some dialogue, that can defo up ur mark, im no good at marking but this is wayy good
defo grade 7 stuff material tho, amazingg
:clap2::dancing2:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending