The Student Room Group

gcse edexcel english language creative writing help

i remember someone telling me that people get marked down if your story is too "far fetched" or "unrealistic", is this true?

basically if i were to write a story with non-realistic elements like ghosts or something, would this get marked down? i understand where this person is coming from because the prompt is obviously "write about a time where YOU or someone you know..." so i can't just write from the perspective of a witch (for example), can I?
Reply 1
The idea of a "prompt" is too give you an idea of a story to write. If the question was simply "write a piece of creative writing" everyone would be completely lost. Sticking to the prompt, however, is relatively important, however your story can go wherever you take it. If you end up turning into a witch and the piece has rich vocabulary and amazing devices then you are absolutely not going to get marked down. Think about some of the most successful pieces of writing in history - they all have fictional characters, ghosts and all sorts of supernatural beings.

The focus for this question is your quality of writing although it should connect somehow to the prompt given!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending