The Student Room Group

is it possible for me to go from a 4 to 5 or 6 at english lan ?

From my last mocks i was at a 4, do u think with a lot of revision pressure right now I can increase at least to a 5 or even a 6 or is it just not possible?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
when is it your exam
Original post by munif.quadri07
From my last mocks i was at a 4, do u think with a lot of revision pressure right now I can increase at least to a 5 or even a 6 or is it just not possible?

Always aim high its a big jump from a 4 to a 6 but there’s no reason why you can’t even get a 5 understand the questions you need further clarity into look for practice and sample questions from previous years with example answers and through sample practice papers and breaking questions into sub sections or brief steps you can address each side of the question to go for as much maximum marks as possible the only challenge is the yearly increase in the marks required per grade and it’s boundary.
Original post by siocrystal
when is it your exam

lan 1 is lit today and 2 is next week
Reply 4

For a secure six you need:

4/4
5/8
5/8
12/20
24/40

That's very much reachable. Focus on what the question is asking you and offer as much analysis as possible. Maybe start with your creative writing as achieving higher marks on this is more important!
Reply 5
lan 1 is lit today and 2 is next week

go over mreverythingenglish playlists and revise as much as possible .
im doing my exam too and hoping for a 7 i started revising alot 8 days ago .i was probably like a grade 4, 8 days ago but ive been spending many hours revising and feel confident so from now till your paper 2 exam revise extensively.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 6

aim higher i was at a 4/5 and i went to an 8 by putting in the time and effort in english in general , i still hate english but trust it gets easier fr
Original post by rabiiii379
aim higher i was at a 4/5 and i went to an 8 by putting in the time and effort in english in general , i still hate english but trust it gets easier fr

ibr i flopped the first paper, i need to fix up for the next paper, how can i revise effectively to get a better score for paper 2
Reply 8
ibr i flopped the first paper, i need to fix up for the next paper, how can i revise effectively to get a better score for paper 2

I mean, it depends on what exam board u do tbh... is ur paper 2 transactional? If so, I'd say revise how to write any type of transactional piece they could ask, I think boards put up a list of examples somewhere e.g: newspaper articles. diary entries, letters etc
Make sure u familiarise urself with the paper and setup and do some practice if u can to prepare with timings as paper 2 usually has more questions than paper 1, which despite the extra time, will still be difficult unless ur prepared. Maybe plan a set transactional piece that u can adapt for any question?
In general try and go over how to structure ur responses well, content wise u can't learn much as u can only annotate and analyse in the exam but if you've got you're structures nailed that'll make writing a lot easier. Good luck!
Reply 9
Absolutely!! My November mocks I was a 5 just scraped it but a few months ago I got a 7!

this sounds risky but like dont learn all the texts learn like the top 4 predicted, examiners expect u to understand them but its going above that fr, its the way u present things use words like perhaps as this can introduce 2 understandings/perspectives of 1 idea, i watched mrs rumsey she does like simple explanations on the poems, and then i used peoples quizlet as they gave me much more in depth analysis. to sound technical use words like exemplify and accentuate - don’t write full on essays instead plan what u r gonna write using short bullet points
this sounds risky but like dont learn all the texts learn like the top 4 predicted, examiners expect u to understand them but its going above that fr, its the way u present things use words like perhaps as this can introduce 2 understandings/perspectives of 1 idea, i watched mrs rumsey she does like simple explanations on the poems, and then i used peoples quizlet as they gave me much more in depth analysis. to sound technical use words like exemplify and accentuate - don’t write full on essays instead plan what u r gonna write using short bullet points

im talking about english language though, we dont do poems in language cl
im talking about english language though, we dont do poems in language cl

yh it applies to the texts u need to learn too, for transactional writing i used model answers which u can find on yt and use similar structures - practise is rlly important too, write one paragraph for a letter, article etc
yh it applies to the texts u need to learn too, for transactional writing i used model answers which u can find on yt and use similar structures - practise is rlly important too, write one paragraph for a letter, article etc

ight bet

Quick Reply

Latest