The Student Room Group

Can i improve for gcses???

Hi in my november mocks i got
5 in math
7 in english language
4 in English literature
5-5 in combined science

I’m mainly worried about science, i want to do a level biology and chemistry so I want to get at least a 7-7 and I just want to know if and how thats possible before GCSE’s. For maths I’d be happy with a 6 and don’t really care about english. I’ll admit I did minimal revision for the November mocks as it was just the start of the year but now at least 2/3 hours a day, is this enough to go from a 5-5 to at least a 7-7 for science in 3 months??? And can I get a 6 in maths???
I would massively recommend using save my exams notes, if your notes are not up to scratch, CGP guides to build your general understanding and past papers for your specific exam board. Compare your wrong answers to mark schemes, see where you are going wrong and what key marking points will be. Come back to the questions that you have got wrong and retry them
I would also say that there will definitely be a YouTube video out there explaining difficult topics for you.
Original post by Gokusuper789
Hi in my november mocks i got
5 in math
7 in english language
4 in English literature
5-5 in combined science

I’m mainly worried about science, i want to do a level biology and chemistry so I want to get at least a 7-7 and I just want to know if and how thats possible before GCSE’s. For maths I’d be happy with a 6 and don’t really care about english. I’ll admit I did minimal revision for the November mocks as it was just the start of the year but now at least 2/3 hours a day, is this enough to go from a 5-5 to at least a 7-7 for science in 3 months??? And can I get a 6 in maths???
maths and science:
cognito
freesciencelessons
maths genie
physics and maths tutor

English:
mr bruff english
spark notes
quizlet
Reply 3
So i still have time to improve? Is it realistic for me to go from a 5 to a 7 in science
Original post by Gokusuper789
So i still have time to improve? Is it realistic for me to go from a 5 to a 7 in science
I went from 4s in sciences in feb mocks to 6s in the actual gcses - definitely possible, you just need to have the drive and motivation to do so :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest