The Student Room Group

Is uni a big step up and will I struggle based upon my grades?

I'm going to be studying sociology with human rights at Uni of Essex

A levels
History B
Politics B
Sociology B

GCSES
History 8
Eng lit 7
Media 7
Business 6
Maths 6
Eng Lan 6
IT level 2 merit
combined science 5-4

also, will many careers be off limits due to my grades
Original post by Drewmeadyy

A levels
History B
Politics B
Sociology B

GCSES
History 8
Eng lit 7
Media 7
Business 6
Maths 6
Eng Lan 6
IT level 2 merit
combined science 5-4

Your A Level and GCSE wont limit you. you got in the uni. Have faith in yourself and your ability, you got accepted based on your personal statement as well, your motivation. Your grades are your stepping stones, your A Levels will lead you to have a degree in sociology. Employers look at your highest level qualifications first, so your degree is more important, than A Levels, than GCSE. Your degree is the most important one. Your A Level and GCSE wont limit you.
(edited 8 months ago)

A levels
History B
Politics B
Sociology B

GCSES
History 8
Eng lit 7
Media 7
Business 6
Maths 6
Eng Lan 6
IT level 2 merit
combined science 5-4

You will be absolutely fine. The step up from A levels to uni is a standard, planned route - there would be no point in making Uni massively more difficult. No-one will be looking at your school grades post university.

A levels
History B
Politics B
Sociology B

GCSES
History 8
Eng lit 7
Media 7
Business 6
Maths 6
Eng Lan 6
IT level 2 merit
combined science 5-4

Hey!

Well done on your grades they are great results to have! - I would also like to say thank you for choosing Essex as your university!

With these results you have gotten yourself into university so you should be proud of yourself! These grades have helped you move on to the next chapter in your life, and will not hold you down later on. While you are at university you will receive lots of academic support to help you with your shift from college, to university. This will help teach you how to structure your work, both essays and exams - you will always have support all through out your three years with us📚

I graduated from Essex in 2022, with a degree in Sociology and Criminology so, if you have any questions about the department or my course let me know and I can try and answer them!!

We look forward to having you join us in October! 🎓✨❤

Essex Official Rep - Morgan 😊🌞
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest