The Student Room Group

GCSE English Paper 1 Language HELP

I need help i think i messed up, seriously. For the creative writing section, i went with the prompt of writing a story about a human meeting an animal. Now i didn't write a story about it. I just used the prompt at the start of my story to lead in (watching a video of a man meeting an animal). What do you think? Do you feel ill get some marks? My story did not have anything to do with an animal. Rather just used it to start and end as t create a cyclical structure. The story entirely did not contain animals
Original post by chrsfarkas
I need help i think i messed up, seriously. For the creative writing section, i went with the prompt of writing a story about a human meeting an animal. Now i didn't write a story about it. I just used the prompt at the start of my story to lead in (watching a video of a man meeting an animal). What do you think? Do you feel ill get some marks? My story did not have anything to do with an animal. Rather just used it to start and end as t create a cyclical structure. The story entirely did not contain animals

this may sound a little harsh, but since the question specifically asked for an encounter between an animal and a human, i doubt you'll pick up any marks. really sorry. try and take comfort in the fact that there's nothing you can do about it now, what happens happens. if you do your best on paper 2 i'm sure things will work out. good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ribhmaclean
this may sound a little harsh, but since the question specifically asked for an encounter between an animal and a human, i doubt you'll pick up any marks. really sorry. try and take comfort in the fact that there's nothing you can do about it now, what happens happens. if you do your best on paper 2 i'm sure things will work out. good luck :smile:

What ? Seriously ?? Noo, I'm sorry, but I think you're wrong about this.
Reply 3
AQA has never stated that your whole text should only consist of a human meeting an animal, I mean, come on, everyone's stories would be practically the same ! It's supposed to be a CREATIVE task. You can write anything as far as I know, just as long as there's a mention of what they ask, in this case, a human meeting an animal. Whether it's your whole story, or just an intro as the thread starter did, it all counts, I'm sure.
Reply 4
Well now thinking about it people who write story's for the describe the picture are awarded marks for it so my guess is it is just prompt even with the picture question you do not really have to increment it at all just a little bit in your story and you still get marks hopefully that corelates
Original post by Happy Notes
AQA has never stated that your whole text should only consist of a human meeting an animal, I mean, come on, everyone's stories would be practically the same ! It's supposed to be a CREATIVE task. You can write anything as far as I know, just as long as there's a mention of what they ask, in this case, a human meeting an animal. Whether it's your whole story, or just an intro as the thread starter did, it all counts, I'm sure.
Reply 5
Original post by chrsfarkas

The way I was always told to do it in that way was that it should be somewhat related but not just a quick mention and a move into the story you planned earlier. It is especially good if you managed to circle back to the video or the prompt towards the end. You'll pick up some marks at least, even a regular amount if you did it how I said a moment ago.
Original post by Happy Notes
What ? Seriously ?? Noo, I'm sorry, but I think you're wrong about this.

that's okay :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending