The Student Room Group

AS Further Maths in Year 13???

I am currently in Year 12 and have studied Geography, Economics, Maths and Further Maths. I am due to take all four A-Levels next year, however i have been thinking a lot about university lately and no longer want to pursue Maths, instead Economics. I just feel taking A2 Further maths will put too much stress on me when i dont even need it, and so I would rather just take the AS FM exam. My school did not let us take the AS in Year 12 as we would not finish all the content and it is too late now anyway.
Would i be able to take just the AS exam at the end of year 13? I wasn't sure if this is a genuine possibility or whether it just depends on what the school says. There just seems no point in dropping it now when i've put in so much work already so I want to at least come away with something.

Thanks
Where are you planning on applying. The top(Oxbridge, LSE, maybe a few others?) value FM even for econ iirc.
Reply 2
Original post by AnotherStudent!
Where are you planning on applying. The top(Oxbridge, LSE, maybe a few others?) value FM even for econ iirc.

Im not planning on applying to the very top unis, Im looking at others such as Bath, Loughborough, Exeter and Bristol. I know they would value A2 but im not sure if it is worth it. I would be able to put a lot more time into other subjece and get better grades in them.
Original post by FlyingAir
Im not planning on applying to the very top unis, Im looking at others such as Bath, Loughborough, Exeter and Bristol. I know they would value A2 but im not sure if it is worth it. I would be able to put a lot more time into other subjece and get better grades in them.

You'd probably be fine without it then imo, but that's just my hunch

Quick Reply

Latest