The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought performance and composition went ok. How did it go for you? To prepare I've done a lot of past papers, but it's kind of harder for the 15 mark essay because there aren't as many resources as some other exam boards. What A levels are you doing?
Reply 2
Any predictions for what the 15 mark essay will be?
Reply 3
Perhaps folk and dance?
Reply 4
im struggling so much with this, i actually can't. There are no resources online and i'm the only one in my school doing it so i have none to compare with
Reply 5
are we in general agreement the haydn will not be on mov 4 and the 20th century will be the poulenc ??

Original post by hersnn
im struggling so much with this, i actually can't. There are no resources online and i'm the only one in my school doing it so i have none to compare with
Reply 6
Try the quizelt by saphyne02 there’s loads on there about dev of symphony. Are you doing musical theatre and 20th century?
Reply 7
Original post by hersnn
are we in general agreement the haydn will not be on mov 4 and the 20th century will be the poulenc ??

Yes absolutely I’m thinking mov 3
Reply 8
Original post by JocH05
Perhaps folk and dance?

I'm pretty sure dance music was a past paper question so I don't think it would come up again
Reply 9
alevelmusic.com is also a good website
I'm more worried about the 10 mark essay for musical theatre
Reply 10
Original post by estie05
I'm pretty sure dance music was a past paper question so I don't think it would come up again

For eduqas? I don’t think so not from 2018 anyway. They’ve been structural, programmatic, on the finale movement and instrumentation
Reply 11
good luck in the exam everyone! :biggrin:
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 12
Yeah Eduqas, it’s in the Sample Assessment Materials, so not an actual exam, but i still don’t think they would use it as it has a mark scheme and indicative content
that was awful
Reply 14
Original post by cloudedviolets
that was awful

i agree i ran out of time
Reply 15
Oh my gosh, what was that bass clef dictation???
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 16
that was awful

I agree, it wasn't the best.
Reply 17
Original post by LaraOpal
Oh my gosh, what was that bass clef dictation???

Did anyone actually get that?
i almost cried when i saw the essay question, haydn questions threw me off too and the 20th century listening was terrible
Reply 19
i almost cried when i saw the essay question, haydn questions threw me off too and the 20th century listening was terrible

The 20th century was Expressionism wasn't it?

Latest