The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL (CSM) vs UCA

I got accepted for a masters degree in UAL (CSM) for Screen acting (which is mostly behind the scenes stuff) and its 2 years and i also got accepted for a masters in UCA for screen acting (its mostly acting) and its just one year.
I am not sure what to do actually and which one would offer me more opportunities in the future. Any advice?
Reply 1
Hi! I honestly don't know much about UCA, but I think you need to first of all understand what you want from the course.
For me, it's strange that the course, which is called Acting, is aimed mainly at working behind the scenes. I believe that in such courses it is the acting practice itself that should be a priority and I would have chosen the second course myself, despite the fact that it is only one year.
In your case I strongly advise you to contact the former graduates of both courses, look for their communities, and ask about their life after graduation. I think they will be able to tell you exactly what the courses were able to give them. Such communities can be found on the universities' websites, on Facebook or on LinkedIn.

And of course decide for yourself what you are more interested in, acting practice or general practice on Screen. Best of luck to you!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending