The Student Room Group

Help maths urgenttt

Help you know for this q it’s the correct working out btw but I don’t get why for part a t is not zero because at point A the time is zero seconds right??IMG_2799.jpeg
Also I don’t get how to do b…
Displacement is the average velocity over time but idk how to do it
I tried using s equals ut plus half at squared but idk how to work out the u for B
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
I think for a) you have to use the total time taken, so the time taken for A to B added to the time taken for B to C.
Reply 2
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
Help you know for this q it’s the correct working out btw but I don’t get why for part a t is not zero because at point A the time is zero seconds right??IMG_2799.jpeg
Also I don’t get how to do b…
Displacement is the average velocity over time but idk how to do it
I tried using s equals ut plus half at squared but idk how to work out the u for B

The t is 70 because the equation does not represent one point, it represents the the whole movement of the particle from A to C. If you are putting in the final velocity (v) as 80, which is the velocity at point C, you also have to make t the time it takes to get to C.

Lets say you had the velocity at point B instead, you will then put t as 40 as that's the time it takes to get to that point.

Hope that made sense :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest